50mm insulated boards on ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

I'm tendering for a job and one of the ceilings has a spec of 50mm insulation board fixed to the timbers.
I've never heard of this before.
Your thoughts please chaps
Cheers

just quoted a job and they want external walls and a ceilings external boarding. loft. is boarded out so makes sense

I'm tendering for a job and one of the ceilings has a spec of 50mm insulation board fixed to the timbers.
I've never heard of this before.
Your thoughts please chaps
Cheers

We've done it a few times on high end properties

Did a job last year where I put insulated boards on sloping ceilings. Some specs are Celotex between trusses and then 50mm over the whole lot, then board. Insulated board will just save on labour.

The spec for vaulted ceilings is 150mm of celotex type insulation in some arrangement,if it will fit you can go straight between the roof timbers with 150mm as long as there is a decent air gap between the back of the celotex and the roof tiles but more often than not building control want 100mm between and 50mm over the top then boarded.

If it flat roof or dormers etc then yeah spec always.
usual 90-100mm inbetween. Making sure 50mm air gap.
40-50mm overlay.
some have overlayed 40mm and counterbatten on skillings fir normal board. Or use 52.5mm insulated board.

Or are you asking for your garage!lol with raising floor aswell you must be a dwarf!lol

If it flat roof or dormers etc then yeah spec always.
usual 90-100mm inbetween. Making sure 50mm air gap.
40-50mm overlay.
some have overlayed 40mm and counterbatten on skillings fir normal board. Or use 52.5mm insulated board.

Or are you asking for your garage!lol with raising floor aswell you must be a dwarf!lol

No Dan its a tender for a big school job.300m2 of vaulted ceilings!!

@bobby I know it's a old thread but did you get the job? We got something similar was going to go 100 main rafters with 50 mm ontop with washers then standard board as easier to cut

Yes it's just finished now
Was a total area of around 700m2 in the end
Used a 52mm board.didnt bother with washers.
Just got my boarders s to put extra screws in
Encon insulation we're the suppliers of the board and was a good £10 a board cheaper than jewsons

even though there is kingspan/celotex between joists the cold can still travel from outside through the wood timber then through plasterboard........MMMMMMMMMMMMM
so..whats next on regs ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.