1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Air holes

Discussion in 'General Rendering Discussions' started by spunky, Nov 14, 2017.

1. spunky

spunky Private Member

is it just me or has anyone also noticed shitloads of air holes in scraped render lately ?

2. madmonk

madmonk Private Member

is that after using a serrated edge aswell?

3. spunky

spunky Private Member

4. JessThePlasterer

JessThePlasterer Well-Known Member

I've beeen finding lots of A-holes floating about recently, not mentioning any names :inocente: :LOL:

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Plasterers1StopShop

Plasterers1StopShop Private Member

You finding these after you scratched the render?

6. spunky

spunky Private Member

Yes ryan it’s a lot worse when you use an I section I’ve never known it like it?

7. MikeAtthis

MikeAtthis Well-Known Member

Are you putting to much on before flattering and serrating it maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. spunky

spunky Private Member

No mate we’re working off a 6 ft plank, it’s not a major thing I was just wondering if anyone else was getting it we seem to be getting a run of them lately

9. madmonk

madmonk Private Member

I normally put first coat on then serrate that then put another coat on wet on wet then serrate that aswell don't seem to get any but do if I end up putting to much on in one go

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Plasterers1StopShop

Does it look like bullet holes mate?

If yes, it could be down to unmixed material. Give me a call and I’ll explain

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. CeeVee

CeeVee Well-Known Member

Never had these since we started spraying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. flynnyman

flynnyman Private Member

Like what one stop is saying are you sure it's not lumps not mixing proper or the bags have lumps?

13. kebab king

kebab king Private Member

Possibly just cos ya a useless Cant

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. spunky

spunky Private Member

Probably see what happens on the next job

15. Rigsby

Rigsby Private Member

What are you putting the mono onto?

I did a job putting Kilsaren superbond (like rendaid) onto Parex Microgobetis. Then Kilsaren Mono.

Hindreds of air bubbles.

But never happens when putting parex on Micro.

16. spunky

spunky Private Member

Just blocks mate it’s as soon as we started next day scrapes and has happened on every job we’ve been on, we’re not even brushing it anymore cause it’d just get stupid

17. Plasterers1StopShop

Sounds more and more like unmixed material to be honest mate.
    How many l of water are you adding per bag?

18. Cornelius

Cornelius Well-Known Member

Noticed some little air bubbles in Webber lac base coat today, made me think of this thread....

19. Rigsby

Rigsby Private Member

Are you spraying? Sounds like you are drawing air into your water.

20. Lox

Lox Member

If you prime walls it will help mate ! You need to catch the render a bit softer it will stop the problem

21. Marshy

Marshy Private Member

22. vfr12

vfr12 Private Member

The reasons can be so many.... I just gave up. My best guess will be too thick top coat. Once you star ruling it off it moves down and creates lots of problems hence I always try to put more with the mesh. All this can be cured with the right suction and good timing when to hit it. In my opinion key coat has very little to do here. But try to hit it late with the ruler and you can be in much biger troubles. Go and figure it out. I am scratching my head every time it happens and adjustments are needed.