Anyone in Sheffield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopSpread

Anybody know of any places or anyone in or around Sheffield/Chesterfield area doing this? Really want to get into this!!

Not that I know of mate, rigsby, Ceevee or the big fella might know.

10 years of plastering I have never seen any sort of demand for it in South Yorkshire.

just getting into it myself. did a course at easter. Big downside is not many people know about it. If you can get in with fancy home designer types then work would come in. Bloke who taught me charges between £50-70 per metre depending on finish and job size and materials on top. So you can imagine the clientel consists of the more affluent type. Youve probably also seen it without realising in bars, restaurants and clubs.

yea, like i say ive never heard of anyone doing it up here, but then again maybe the demand isnt there either! if i could get into it with somebody rather than paying alot for a course then it wouldnt matter so much if nothing came from it. Still be a good thing to know either way

I think all Yorkshire in general (North, West & South) is a bit quiet for venetian plastering, compared to Manchester anyways! Sometime I take jobs in Manchester when it is quiet around Leeds. Business is so quiet at the moment I am even looking for some work in London! I suggest you put your business cards around Sheffield's Italian restaurants - I have always had success in Harrogate doing this. It is not called Italian plastering for nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.