bad plastering job

Members online

Looks to me like he skimmed down to high skirting boards then customer took them off after,for all we know the T.V could of been in the corner and they asked him to skim behind it without moving t.v out the room and the virgin box

The end of the day you've agreed a verbal contract with the customer to provide them with a good standard of work soon as they accept you into there home. Whether or not it's cheap job , who's to say it wasn't a guy who charged a fortune and provided the work ? Who's to say it wasn't a young lad starting off who's got to learn somewhere and earn abit of cash maybe that's his best work today?
A lot are so quick to judge when the public posts work up and back them up without really knowing the background.
Standards should be met to there customer whether it be that they have to go back to get that right and shouldn't be paid till met.

Best thing I'd advice if it does get skimmed now it's all been painted is to nip down B & Q and grab a bargain 5bag buy while they are on special offer, Perfect for skimming over painted surface, @flynnyman are Grimsby doing the same deal ?
IMG-20160830-WA0002.jpg

Best thing I'd advice if it does get skimmed now it's all been painted is to nip down B & Q and grab a bargain 5bag buy while they are on special offer, Perfect for skimming over painted surface, @flynnyman are Grimsby doing the same deal ?
View attachment 13496
No mate but the pallet is full with the same sell by date I've been keeping an eye on it, someone at BG needs to give their head shake it is a joke, the Idea is good but the price is a Joke and the marketing is also a joke. It still makes me laugh when I mention the magnetic to some of the staff and they think in taking the piss and they don't realise they sell it. They have been Harassing the BG rep for a free bag of magnetic to do a wall in the trade section, that I have offered to do for free and still no joy, we are talking six months at least, it's as if they want it to fail.

Right I'm gonna throw my hat in here, I reckon as the OP hasn't Been back on to answer any questions I think he could have been told it was a bond an skim job for £X, but he either didn't want to or couldn't afford to pay/spend £X so asked "the plasterer" just to unibond and skim and can you do this for less, "plasterer" thinks yeh ok tries bollocking it on in one set and it gets the better of him, but like someone said if it's being painted it's been done for around a week already and would have Been noticed before now, and it's obvious he's worked down to the skirting board as the old nail are still in the wall, I'm with clemo on this bit of easifill and sand paper, and both parties put it down to lesson learned OP pay cheap get shite and "plasterer" stick to you price and don't cut corners you rough C U N T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 99% of people don't know what a plastered wall is supposed to look like until they paint it then realise. The amount of times a customer has come in to a room I have just layed down and said wow you have finished, lol and my response is always the same, I wish. I have seen some s**t plastered Walls by so called plasterers round my way and the customer is happy coz they don't know, until they have painted it.

Hi thanks for all your comments I picked this trademan as he had some good reviews and he was local he was not the cheapest I went middle. I gave the wall a mist coat and found lots of marks and uneven bits this was only on the hallway I asked him to come look he came back to look said he will need to easy fill and for me to sand it .he ask me to mist cost the other one other rooms also when I was doing the one room I found so much I did not do the last main room he came back in a rush and filled around 80 marks in 2 rooms.also to say each room was empty with no rads to go around etc he even mixed up in the main bedroom as I was try to make his job as easy as possible .ive had another plaster come out to give his view and he said it needs to be done again there is too many things done wrong like not using the correct tool for corners just used a brush so the mark by where the skirting was is to high for new to cover .i will send are more pics

Hi thanks for all your comments I picked this trademan as he had some good reviews and he was local he was not the cheapest I went middle. I gave the wall a mist coat and found lots of marks and uneven bits this was only on the hallway I asked him to come look he came back to look said he will need to easy fill and for me to sand it .he ask me to mist cost the other one other rooms also when I was doing the one room I found so much I did not do the last main room he came back in a rush and filled around 80 marks in 2 rooms.also to say each room was empty with no rads to go around etc he even mixed up in the main bedroom as I was try to make his job as easy as possible .ive had another plaster come out to give his view and he said it needs to be done again there is too many things done wrong like not using the correct tool for corners just used a brush so the mark by where the skirting was is to high for new to cover .i will send are more pics

80 marks in 2 rooms don't pay him

Real bad luck there unfortunate for you. Just don't pay him, infact you should be charging him for having to put it right.

Good reviews?

Looks to me like he skimmed down to high skirting boards then customer took them off after,for all we know the T.V could of been in the corner and they asked him to skim behind it without moving t.v out the room and the virgin box
Once worked in rental property where the tenant had decorated without moving any furniture, empty the room looked like crime scene, shapes of missing furniture all over

It's just not good enough, any decent plasterer on the forum can see that's poor. Perhaps the job was tricky perhaps the customer is a pain and doesn't want to pay but one thing for certain is the quality is not there. Whoever skimmed that would see the s**t up the bead and misses everywhere and decided I won't put that right I'll leave it for someone else to do. Not the way I roll.
Im with you mate, always do a good job,no excuse not to pay then, looks like spread needs to go to spec savers