best trader site?

Members online

dw4yne

Hi lads I'm Dwayne form Liverpool. I'm just wondering what sites you lads use to get work. The ones I know of are check a trade, mybuilder, trust a trader, rated people, myhammer, and myjobquote. I don't think I'd get on check a trade or trust a trader because I've got no qualifications so I'm leaning more to mybuilder and rated people. Have any of you used of them and do they work? Ta

I use mybuilder and have done a lot of jobs through them, it works well for me

There is a guy round this way I saw his van a few months ago and I'd not seen it before so I'm assuming he has recently gone on his own anyway he has got the local my builder scene completely wrapped up, it's probably a good way to enter the trade and all his reviews are positive and none of the customers seem to bother with anyone else his reviews are that good and his prices must be competitive to even get the jobs, fair play to him.

I looked through his pictures and his work looks tidy(I'm a nosey buggar, but I think it's wise to see what else is going on out there). I always get job alerts on my phone to see what's on offer elsewhere.

Also rated people is very expensive compared to mybuilder as checked it out....no jobs on myhammer so pointless, not looked at the others

Eventually this will be the way all trades get private work. The googlisation of all things has begun and the next generation of money spenders will rely upon it for everything. We should all take a leaf out of @JessThePlasterer’s book and make some good informative vids, perhaps show how problems occur and are solved, before and after pics etc.

Eventually this will be the way all trades get private work. The googlisation of all things has begun and the next generation of money spenders will rely upon it for everything. We should all take a leaf out of @JessThePlasterer’s book and make some good informative vids, perhaps show how problems occur and are solved, before and after pics etc.

Social media is also very dangerous. You only need one or two rows with people and you're in the s**t with your reputation. We've all had awkward b*ll***s customers who are convinced that you've ripped them off/broke their stuff/kicked their dog etc. Especially in the odd job end of the market where you have one off interaction with lots of people.

Have a read of this if you fancy a giggle. The management used to come on and accuse people who left s**t reviews (basically everyone) of telling lies about their wonderful hotel. It's not wonderful, it's s**t. I used to drink in there because it was £2 a pint. They don't bother any more because it's just beyond a joke.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Re...7e115e1d2&ss=42E10661F98F46BFAFEA6079BBDE2BAF

Clearly, they deserve a mauling but you can get one that you don't deserve.

BEWARE-

2 clowns from trusta a turd turned up to price a job next door /: to a particular job )-/————

apparently 100boards was mentioned & there is 60@ best (-I know for a fact )

both stated they do not make money on gear so customer is best to get it …RED FLAG . Some pick up later walls —due to openings alterations -they say we skim it all then patch to it later.

Fuxin absolute chancers -@rock up in cars : BEWARE

BEWARE-

2 clowns from trusta a turd turned up to price a job next door /: to a particular job )-/————

both stated they do not make money on gear so customer is best to get it …RED FLAG . Some pick up later walls —due to openings alterations -they say we skim it all then patch to it later.

Glasgow area?

BEWARE-

We often suggest that customers get their own materials. In fact since covid every large house we've done, the client has wanted to supply the materials. Works for us.

We often suggest that customers get their own materials. In fact since covid every large house we've done, the client has wanted to supply the materials. Works for us.
What if the materials are not there when you need them? Plus you’re missing out on the markup.

Reactions: 000
What if the materials are not there when you need them? Plus you’re missing out on the markup.
Indeed -& the old you you said ——this only fuels chancers & trusty turd sites ——- most have no merchant accounts or van ——-

@ thetford

@never —- supply & fit . You have to work gear out anyway - becomes day work
Nope never do day work.
I also price in my time to quantify the materials.
People can gauge what we've quoted, plus materials, against someone giving a supply and fit quote. People are only interested in the total, not how it's reached.

It's never happened mate.
Our prices sort of factor in what we would have made supplying.
I'm not talking about little private jobs. Our current job has about 270 sheets of board, we're earning nicely out of it.

Nope never do day work.
I also price in my time to quantify the materials.
People can gauge what we've quoted, plus materials, against someone giving a supply and fit quote. People are only interested in the total, not how it's reached.
once you start not supplying /Its over= @—-day rate day work it’s both the same

once you start not supplying /Its over= @—-day rate day work it’s both the same
You're f**k**g clueless M8.
Like I said we price a job, no day work, ever. We never talk about metres or meterage rates either, just the total price.
Works well for us, we don't however trade our services with other trades though.