Best way of sticking these together

Formby plastering

I've been asked by a customer to stick these together
Was thinking of using drywall and screws but is there a better way??

Attachments

• 20170607_142511.jpg
    20170607_142511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 394
  • 20170607_142508.jpg
    20170607_142508.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 417
Dont they use fine casting and gauze?
I remember tears ago we did the trafford centre dome and dipped old hessian mesh into fine casting plaster (or was it?) to fix mouldings together (only on the back of them).
Oh and screws too.

Tape up surface. Don't get any sealer or adhesive on surface or it will spoil it so green frog tape it everywhere that the adhesive will ozz out of and show. When done seal with thinned artex sealer or gardz inside and on edges. Gypsum cove adhesive along the edges and stick plus tie up. After 2+hours remove tape and tidy. 2 days to dry then fill with Troupet filler. Sand. Seal the lot with gardz maybe? and paint. That's how I would do it.

Oh I guess you can use any tape inc duck tape. Whatever will stick to mask up. Done period mouldings over the years and found cove adhesive works great as long as surfaces are sealed. No hair line cracks when dry. Don't half stick well. I found the moulding plaster ok to but a little softer and sets to quick for me. Also don't stick to as well as cove adhesive

If it's free standing , I'd build a bit of stud work and wad and screw to that , fibre fix if u have some to fix the two columns and caps together, if not casting plaster would be ok as well