Boarding and skimming ceiling tips ?

Stanbra

Hello lads, just been to look at a job. The ceiling in the kitchen needs taking down, re boarding then skimming.

I will get boards tight to wall as possible with little gaps as possible. I was just wondering, as the walls are not getting plastered will I need to scrim round ceiling line and skim down from ceiling ? Or should it be OK to just skim ceiling tigh to corners ? Just worried incase it crack around ceiling line.

Any tips ?

Hello lads, just been to look at a job. The ceiling in the kitchen needs taking down, re boarding then skimming.

I will get boards tight to wall as possible with little gaps as possible. I was just wondering, as the walls are not getting plastered will I need to scrim round ceiling line and skim down from ceiling ? Or should it be OK to just skim ceiling tigh to corners ? Just worried incase it crack around ceiling line.

Any tips ?
Scrim around the corners and use the angle trowel

Any tips ?

Caulk the corners when you're finished. Simple as that.

Scrim down onto wall trowel into it and once set run Stanley round after to cut it off

I tape them, they will need caulking regardless to why not tape? Then it can be cut and caulked after. I also always like to board with the joists, find this is neater against the edge of the walls

Any tips ?
I'd run around edge of the old ceiling with a Stanley before I take it down it will stop the wall getting damaged as you remove the old boards.

Any tips ?

If you have to ask this.... Are you sure you should be tackling it on your own?

I never usually span the corners with scrim when boarding a ceiling...just butt scrim up to the existing.
However as you are taking the old ceiling down there may be a difference in levels, leaving an untidy edge, so you will need to scrim as though you are skimming the walls, and feather into the walls about 4 inch or so.

Why has it got to come down? Can’t you just board it over the existing?
Still have same prob round edges. To be fair I,lol foam it or used to shove some dot in and tape it but I always tell customer they may get a hairline crack n need to caulk it

I foam any gaps, then cut it back flush and scrim right to the edges not down the wall though. Never seen 1 crack

I’m sure we have discussed this before many moons ago
Really??? In sure there isn't much left that we haven't discussed yet. But it's what keeps the forum going. Easier to make a post than search for answers.

Really??? In sure there isn't much left that we haven't discussed yet. But it's what keeps the forum going. Easier to make a post than search for answers.
What are you going on about I was talking to @madmonk and that we have said about doing this way before, so pipe down princess and get ya facts straight before you post up your shite