BRITISH GYPSUM short changing (maybe)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i once based out the roll on a vaulted bit on a ceiling once with board adhesive..
wished i hadnt...
skim went off before the bloody board adhesive... it was like trying to skim on quicksand...

ill remember the old mix em together trick though..
will a couple of handfuls make a difference?

theres a chap called bigbud on another forum uk spreads and he swears by it ..........always wanted to try it myself too........creame tartare works aswell aparently ;D

see i dont normally bother with owt like that but if it means i can put a 4x4 complete room with ceiling on in one set on an overskim its gotta be worth it...
long as it doesnt bugger the skim up so it starts fallin off and i can still get a perfect 2coat 2mix stylie finish on it.....

ok, i tried it twice , just a couple of handfulls per bucket of skim,( 1 bag of multi per bucket) and it made a big differnce to the setting time. infact it took ages. never done it since.

i did it on a ceiling, just a couple of handfulls in with the mix. i wanted to see if it worked and it did. It skimmed up like normal and i would say i got a better finish. No problems since. Not done it again because i dont need to slow the set down and if i did get in trouble i have my sponge float ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dirty water doesnt work on multi finish as well as it does on board finish, throw in a couple of handfulls of cement though and that will set quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.