Bubbling When Skimming Artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its ok using blue grig but what is the best way to apply it then ive tried with brush and roller but stuff files every where any advice?

Its ok using blue grig but what is the best way to apply it then ive tried with brush and roller but stuff files every where any advice?
yes its a pain.....i just roller it but really slow i always wear a glove too.
i use pva when i can especially if its only a days work im not a fan of going the night before to paint it.

I used it the other week on a ceiling reskim and ended up looking like a smurth when id finished :RpS_laugh:

overboard first option , do you lot not think pva mixed at 50/50 will just form a skin ? and just sit on surface , I never use pva @ 50/50 ratio pva a little weaker actually soaks into substrate rather than sitting on top of it , a bit like paint on fresh plaster !

overboard first option , do you lot not think pva mixed at 50/50 will just form a skin ? and just sit on surface , I never use pva @ 50/50 ratio pva a little weaker actually soaks into substrate rather than sitting on top of it , a bit like paint on fresh plaster !
Kind of agree there fella sometimes better to put a light coat on first so it soaks in then go heavier with another coat especially with some artex thats quite chalky if you know what i mean :RpS_thumbup:

Exactly smoothy I don't think it has ever been written on a bottle of pva to mix it 50/50. 6 water 1 pva primer coat followed by 1water 3 pva it ain't difficult but some people are thick as **** or in too much of a rush cos they ain't priced it right.

Had a bit of a disaster over the weekend.

I needed to skim over the Artex in a hallway. I applied two coats of 50:50 PVA, first coat until dry, second coat done just before the skim. When I started to skim I noticed some largish bubbles, about 4/5 cm in diameter, appearing over the ceiling between the plaster and the artex, where the skim is coming away from the ceiling. Any idea where I went wrong?

I guess I also now need to redo the whole thing.
Do I chip away the bubbling plaster, then reapply PVA and just try again?
How many coats of PVA?
How many coats of PVA to the majority of the plaster that is OK?

Thanks for any advice,

Syd.

over board now mate its only way u not lose mony even more
could be lots reasons was the artex shiny glossy paint to be sure from now on on artex ceilings dont use pva use bond it then skim the next day
expensive but **** itttttttttttttttttttttttt

over board now mate its only way u not lose mony even more
could be lots reasons was the artex shiny glossy paint to be sure from now on on artex ceilings dont use pva use bond it then skim the next day
expensive but **** itttttttttttttttttttttttt
sorry i meant thistle bond it the green

Status
Not open for further replies.