Corner trowels

Dave king

Hi all
I haven't ever used a corner trowel before but this week I was given a new Marshalltown one. I had already plastered the ceiling so when I did the walls I decided to give the new corner trowel ago but using it I ended up with spill over onto the ceiling. How can I stop this happening? Any advise on this would be great.

Did you use it for first flatten and squeeze stuff out the angle then? Maybe if u left it to tighten a bit longer, usually go over angle freehand first trowel, then after tightens give it a quick pull with angle trowel, and again once finish trowelling, taking out any fat marks or lines it squeezes into walls/ceiling? Prefer to work into hard angles anyways tbh, and last soft angles did them freehand anyways. Couldn't find angle trowel.

Did you use it for first flatten and squeeze stuff out the angle then? Maybe if u left it to tighten a bit longer, usually go over angle freehand first trowel, then after tightens give it a quick pull with angle trowel, and again once finish trowelling, taking out any fat marks or lines it squeezes into walls/ceiling? Prefer to work into hard angles anyways tbh, and last soft angles did them freehand anyways. Couldn't find angle trowel.
Thanks for that I did use it straight away once I had layed it on.

I would flatten, before next trowel would give. It a. Quick pull down angle trowel up, pull it again at end of. That trowel, then by next trowel it should be firm enough to work to with care, so as don't cut into it, if necessary another swipe down at the end it that trowel. Then leave it to its set and u polish up, shouldn't need corner trowel again. Can do it freehand if coat it neatly, and can keep hand steady lol and have a fine water brush to neaten any fat of it. I'm sure there are other lads ways of doin it, that's just how I would do it

Why are you using an angle trowel against a ceiling thats already been done?
They are for wet angles.

I sometimes use mine on hard angles at the end of the set, I run a 1" brush down then follow with corner trowel to tidy them up.

Ragni angle trowels and the best don't pull any skim out or dig in, MTs need breaking in and snip the sharp corners off and won't dig in

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

I sometimes use mine on hard angles at the end of the set, I run a 1" brush down then follow with corner trowel to tidy them up.
I always brush and run the end of my trowel along the corner near the end which I imagine is similar makes it nice and sharp (dry angle not wet angle)

I only use the corner trowel once the gear has really firmed up :D

They are fairly pointless if the gear is to wet

I twitch all angles wet on wet on finished and wet on board and use it on every trowel and finished with the twitcher not a brush