Cycling 1500 Miles From John OGroats To Lands End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

This is not really plastering related but still.

Myself and my lovely girlfriend are going to be cycling from John O'groats to Lands End, covering approximately 1500 miles raising money for Help For Heroes. With me being an online genius (sarcasm) I have created a website where you can track our training sessions see what bikes, we're riding and the equipment we are using along with the route we plan on taking and where you can donate to Help For Heroes.

John O'Groats To Lands End On A Bike And Around The UK In 21 Days

I will be updating this site every single time we go out for a training session on the bikes. We're using some tracking software, which gives you our route and all the stats say can see exactly how we are doing.

We will be traveling right down the UK, and if you take a look at our route plan, and you live near our route and are able to put us up for an evening, then please contact us as we would very much appreciate all the support that you can offer over the three weeks. We plan on doing this trip.

Our Facebook page is 1500 Miles | Facebook
So please share this page with all your friends and family let raise a lot of money for charity.

If you are a company and have some spare money, then please contact us, and we will post a post on our site about your company and how you're supporting us on our trip.

We have a company in West Sussex that will be helping us with all of our media coverage and hopefully if all goes well we will have newspapers and possibly a TV crew at the start of our trip and when we come through Royal Wootton Bassett and then at the end of the trip in Lands End.

This trip is not just about raising money for help for heroes, but it is also a challenge for me personally as I've been fighting an illness and its symptoms since 2010. I've come a long way in the last few months but there are still side effects that have caused me a lot of issues, and so I'm hoping that this trip will mark the end of my bad health and the start of me getting back on my feet once and for all.

So please show your support and visit John O'Groats To Lands End On A Bike And Around The UK In 21 Days and share this Page with all your friends and family.

All the best,

Danny and Jane

dan did you look at the aero bars for ya bike cos i think my bro is selling his ones he used for this ride only if ya interested mate

if every member off here gave just a tenner to you, youd be off to a flyer, i know times are hard for most these days but a tenner is nowt these days, a few pints.

Last edited:
aero bars are the bars that come straight out the front of the bike so that wen you wanna rest you can just rest ya arms down on them and wen ya going down hill you rest down on them to make ya self more aero dynamic
imagefly.aspx

aero bars are the bars that come straight out the front of the bike so that wen you wanna rest you can just rest ya arms down on them and wen ya going down hill you rest down on them to make ya self more aero dynamic
imagefly.aspx

Ah I do this anyway :) I have endbars and I lock my elbows into them... same principle...

I also dont think I have any space left on my bars :-( I still need to get some lights on there somewhere...

You cant get 4 pints out of a tenner any more :-(

I also got asked why we are not using Justgiving...

The reason is they take 5% of every donation and I worked out that on donations under £10 they are a cheaper way to donate but on donations more than £10 paypal fees work out a lot cheaper. If donations are a bit light on the ground near the start date I will start one up.....

Thanks again

My mate did a marathon and by doing it online the government added in a percentage. I'll find out at the weekend Dan

Asked me mate. Basically it's called "Virgin money giving". If you set it up thru them the charity get the gift aid, and basically they can claim the tax back. It's all online aswell

I'm sponsoring you Danny. You and Jane are very welcome to stay over at mine when you reach the glasgow area. I'll even pick you up and feed you both, if you like. :RpS_wink:

Another tenner in bud. As I've said if you want somewhere to stop over at solihull I'm not too far so can pick you up if need be.

bed your signature its not including the casper on casper time though is it cos i fear you might be wrong there

another tenner in the kitty dan but unfortunatly your route takes you nowhere near my neck of the woods

Thanks all for your support its very much appreciated :)

We are going to be starting hopefully a 40 mile session today :)

We are also hoping to do the London to brighton cycle in June for a bit of training and more press :)

Danny

lol its ok... but we are taking the bikes back to the shop next weekend for a month check up :) so I will be buying some padded bottoms...

Its very satisfying but man some stupid drivers about...

Status
Not open for further replies.