Does anyone use Marshaltown strat to finish

fixit

All this new stuff about. Does anyone use a Marshalltown trowel from start to finish. Haven’t got into the NELA or speedskim yet. Am I missing out. If it was your own house would you use it.

All this new stuff about. Does anyone use a Marshalltown trowel from start to finish. Haven’t got into the NELA or speedskim yet. Am I missing out. If it was your own house would you use it.
I use Marshalltown all the way until the very last. The one quick pass with the nela. Basically a heavy duty plazi.
Luvverley.

Depends on the way its going. Ideally I give it 4 trowels on average. At least first 2 with Mt, sometimes 3,then quick Polish with a nela, though sometimes don't lift the nela at All. Your multi is different though, can finish it before it blacken, whereas our carlite usually need it to change colour before it will finish. In my experience anyways.

I now use my marshal to put on ,Speed skim to flatten and ox ultraflex to finish and yes i would and have used on my own house.

id plaster my own gaff with a spoon just to wind her up !!

No not missing out. Just a little bit easier for the last trowel using the s*p*r*lex. Speedskim has it's place as well. Just need big areas for it.

Yes you're missing out in my opinion! Love MT, could not replace it but can't remember the last time I hard trowelled something and the strain off my elbow is incredible and it's a bit quicker. I use my MT though until final sweep with the nela. If the finish was better I'd go back to just the MT but it's not.

Don't forget to cross trowel it with your bell end

staggered home in strange lands last night eating a big vanilla cheesecake.
gave the kind lady a box of maltesers to help me find my room.

woke up for breakfast and it looked as if ive been gang raped by my dad and his friends.

sticking to pizza on the way home !!

I often use my MT start to finish , the hits can take up to 4 hrs

Glad you said that john cos try as I might with multi and board finish and even one coating (without a sponge) unless the temp is getting into the mid 20's I cannot get a set done in under 3hrs.

Glad you said that john cos try as I might with multi and board finish and even one coating (without a sponge) unless the temp is getting into the mid 20's I cannot get a set done in under 3hrs.

my good man i skimmed 2 double rooms and 2 showers in under 5 hours over 100m...with a dirty stella hangover.
this can be done with a diamond cscs card....
....i was gonna skim the last room and staircase down in a 1 coat 1 hit.
but the power of stella took me home xx

Attachments

• 20171020_142642.jpg
    20171020_142642.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 359
Yes you're missing out in my opinion! Love MT, could not replace it but can't remember the last time I hard trowelled something and the strain off my elbow is incredible and it's a bit quicker. I use my MT though until final sweep with the nela. If the finish was better I'd go back to just the MT but it's not.

Get your mt sharper. And u will get a brilliant finish with it. The s*p*r*lex trowels don't make the finish better. Just easy on the arm for the last trowel.

my good man i skimmed 2 double rooms and 2 showers in under 5 hours over 100m...with a dirty stella hangover.
this can be done with a diamond cscs card....
....i was gonna skim the last room and staircase down in a 1 coat 1 hit.
but the power of stella took me home xx

I tip my hat to you Marra cos I have days where a 1 bag set takes me as long as a 3 or 4 bagger.

I tip my hat to you Marra cos I have days where a 1 bag set takes me as long as a 3 or 4 bagger.

i skimmed a 3 bed in 7 hits .....my brother started telling lads on sites im a "speedophile".
cheeky little c**t i forgot to pull him on this.

Get your mt sharper. And u will get a brilliant finish with it. The s*p*r*lex trowels don't make the finish better. Just easy on the arm for the last trowel.
Don't know about s*p*r*lex but the i get a much better finish with my ox ultraflex than with my MT.

Yes. no marks and a nice flat surface that would stand a light shining across it no problems . I am not one of those who likes to over polish finish and leaves it leaves it very paint able . I have done a lot of re'plastering in my own home and also the painting .:)

Last edited:
Yes. no marks and a nice flat surface that would stand a light shining across it no problems . I am not one of those who likes to over polish finish and leaves it leaves it very paint able . I have done a lot of re'plastering in my own home and also the painting .:)

how ??
i must be doing something wrong !!

i give it a first trowel a bit sooner than i would with my MT and it seems that the edge of the trowel being dull and not requiring to much pressure along with little water just leaves it spot on and it feels great to use aswell .Only give it two trowels and a cross trowel .

i give it a first trowel a bit sooner than i would with my MT and it seems that the edge of the trowel being dull and not requiring to much pressure along with little water just leaves it spot on and it feels great to use aswell .Only give it two trowels and a cross trowel .

your a good man ....thanks for the info.
hopefully the other lads onsite will stop hating me now for tearing through plots (y)

yep mt start to finish laying flatten and polish. used to use they plaziflexs for flattening and finishing but there not for me anymore.

I'm going to give a nela a whirl soon though I hear good things.