Double Blade Spatula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Hi guys, Don't know if this is the right thread to post this in. But I'm after some double and single blade spatulas. I've looked all over the net can't find any apart from one site that's in the US. Venetian Plaster Tools
But seems like the tool section is closed or something, any help would be much appreciated.

Spoon

That's weird, had a look on Refina last week never had any, now they have some new tools in and sweet they sell double blade spatulas. Thanks

Depends on the look you are after with the marmorino? If one doesn't trowel/burnish the last coat and comes back the next day and gives the wall a sand down with 800 sand paper then 1200 then 1500 then one uses the blade to burnish. Will look like class man. Or you can use them to take any high spots off and a light burning before your last coat.
It's a nice tool to have in the bag. Just don't dig in to the work.........:RpS_scared:

I feel like a kid and some1s just told me a cheat on a computer game lol, ohh k... so sand down and then burnish the next day! nice advice i will try this, thanks. This is what we need little tricks of the trade to help each other out, take note fellas :RpS_laugh: ...

Well you can just use the sand paper to polish it, just remember to wear gloves as you will have no finger prints left on your fingers............:RpS_biggrin:

I should state that when using 600/800/1000/1200 then 1500 grit sandpaper to lightly sand the surface. This will blend the layers of marmorino and brings the underlying layers to the surface. Note the finish look of the wall will look soft, this works well on pastel colours. You will not get the shine like a burnished wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.