Dummy chimney

dieselpower

Hi, I have a dummy chimney to fix as the last 'tradesman' has made a c**t of it. I haven't chipped it off yet to see how he has done it, I will take pictures when I do as I have already fixed a couple of others of his..
Anyway, how I usually do them is felt them, then fix vertical batten on with dpc , insect mesh at bottom behind Bellcast, stainless eml, base coat then top coat. Does that sound ok? Or would you chaps do it differently?

Hi, I have a dummy chimney to fix as the last 'tradesman' has made a c**t of it. I haven't chipped it off yet to see how he has done it, I will take pictures when I do as I have already fixed a couple of others of his..
Anyway, how I usually do them is felt them, then fix vertical batten on with dpc , insect mesh at bottom behind Bellcast, stainless eml, base coat then top coat. Does that sound ok? Or would you chaps do it differently?

Hi mate

See what the existing structure is first, it is possible to use a boarded render system, such as Knauf Aquapanel Exterior to wrap a timber or steel stud structure, then modern thin coat render basecoat (such as: Parex Matie, K Rend HPX, Weber LAC, Knauf SM700, etc) with a mesh.

Then a finish such as a thin coat top coat, 10 mm s&c or slip bricks

Feel free to get in touch it you want further advice

Good luck

Richard Lord
Knauf
(Contact details in my profile)