Finding A Lad.

Members online

roryston

Wow.

Been trying to get a lad on board with me the past couple of weeks, cant believe how much effort it is!

Usually got my mate with me when needed but he's been on for another bloke we know and is doing really well so don't want to risk him upsetting the bloke.

Ive posted a couple of things on facebook asking friends if they know anyone after work and I've had some replys from people but ive had nothing worth even attempting to take up on, one lad told me his dad said I should be paying him AT LEAST £80 a day and he's 17 with no experience!

I'm offering to pick them up if local and take home, ive got enough work for them to keep them going, for someone with no experience but willing to learn im offering £40-£50 a day. A good labourer £70-£80 a day does that seem fair? I was on £30 a day when I was 16-18!! Less than 10 years ago!!

I ideally want a kiddy who wants to go to work, done shite in school and needs something to do, my old boss give me a chance and i leaped at it are there still kiddys like that?

Wow.

Been trying to get a lad on board with me the past couple of weeks, cant believe how much effort it is!

Usually got my mate with me when needed but he's been on for another bloke we know and is doing really well so don't want to risk him upsetting the bloke.

Ive posted a couple of things on facebook asking friends if they know anyone after work and I've had some replys from people but ive had nothing worth even attempting to take up on, one lad told me his dad said I should be paying him AT LEAST £80 a day and he's 17 with no experience!

I'm offering to pick them up if local and take home, ive got enough work for them to keep them going, for someone with no experience but willing to learn im offering £40-£50 a day. A good labourer £70-£80 a day does that seem fair? I was on £30 a day when I was 16-18!! Less than 10 years ago!!

I ideally want a kiddy who wants to go to work, done shite in school and needs something to do, my old boss give me a chance and i leaped at it are there still kiddys like that?

I started on f**k**g £25 a day!! Labourers/aprentices dont know there born these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dkb
Wow.

You asking the impossible, them kids you referring to are non existent i think

You asking the impossible, them kids you referring to are non existent i think

Out of all my mates when we was kids there were 3 of us who left school early and started labouring and are still in this game now.

We were all fuckkers out all night, tearing about on motocross bikes, argueing with our parents etc but as soon as we had a taste of that £100-£150 a week we stopped all that. I like to think theres still someone like us about, I was given a chance, id happily give someone else one

Out of all my mates when we was kids there were 3 of us who left school early and started labouring and are still in this game now.

We were all fuckkers out all night, tearing about on motocross bikes, argueing with our parents etc but as soon as we had a taste of that £100-£150 a week we stopped all that. I like to think theres still someone like us about, I was given a chance, id happily give someone else one
Yes, but today's youth wants to get paid like P Diddy lol

Yes, but today's youth wants to get paid like P Diddy lol

Had a blokes wife message me saying her husband Is a builder but is off sick and will work for cash as long as I pick him up because he cant be seen in his van, beauty's.

Get the local college to find you an apprentice. There'll be a new load looking for placement soon. You can interview or trial a few then take your pick. Pay them £120 a week and see how they go.

Advertise up to £90 a day and when they come out from under the duvet it's based on they get that when they been with you 12 months.
My missus has to try and get people who want to earn an extra income, when they hear they got to get off their back side and deliver catalogues then go back to take the orders then deliver them they not interested any more! Most of these people are adults who have bills and mortgages to.pay.

Advertise up to £90 a day and when they come out from under the duvet it's based on they get that when they been with you 12 months.
My missus has to try and get people who want to earn an extra income, when they hear they got to get off their back side and deliver catalogues then go back to take the orders then deliver them they not interested any more! Most of these people are adults who have bills and mortgages to.pay.
MLM?

Have you tried your local prison? Not joking either... the standard of plastering is saw was pretty good and they had a great attitude as well

Maybe it's all the practice they get with dirty protests?

It's going to be a proper pain organising a break out though, and I imagine Bubba's going to be pretty annoyed when he finds out he's going to a building site in Bristol and not a beach in Marbella. o_O

Best not to mention that to the customer

I cant see it being a problem... the plasterers I worked for had been in and out of prison in their youth... I reckon if you asked on here you would be surprised how many have as well... Least they want to learn and better themselves rather than some wanna be essex boy who doesnt want to get its hands dirty or mess up his hair

I cant see it being a problem... the plasterers I worked for had been in and out of prison in their youth... I reckon if you asked on here you would be surprised how many have as well... Least they want to learn and better themselves rather than some wanna be essex boy who doesnt want to get its hands dirty or mess up his hair
Thats essextist

May have one, the labourer who showed me how to mix up and hack off 10 years ago hasn't had much work lately, hes still on for the same bloke who gave me a chance when I was 15 but the bloke has purposely slowed down over the past couple of years and of course his labourer has been doing less and less.

Just been in touch with my old boss and he said he's happy to keep him going between the 2 of us. So that's great news!

Have you tried your local prison? Not joking either... the standard of plastering is saw was pretty good and they had a great attitude as well

I knew a lad who used to have two ex con smack heads doing all his work on re skims. He would price for the decorating as well. He was paying them 30 a day cash each and creaming in over 1k a week just for pricing jobs and ordering materials. He was knackered when one of them got banged back up for dealing though.

I knew a lad who used to have two ex con smack heads doing all his work on re skims. He would price for the decorating as well. He was paying them 30 a day cash each and creaming in over 1k a week just for pricing jobs and ordering materials. He was knackered when one of them got banged back up for dealing though.
That's just plain greed

I recently went to a prison to look at the training facilities and I was quite impressed with the standard and the attitude :D

Had this thick f**k*r with me for awhile and was giving him 20-50 a day for tidying up, throwing a mix on but i was there looking after him most of the day on the mixes.He actually begged me to take him for awhile so felt sorry for him. He was happy with what he was getting. He starts drinking with this other daft c**t i had with me who was getting 80-100. Now, both where worth their money, but also cost me money a few times. Both ended up drinking and smoking every few nights. The first guy now said he was worth 100-120 and the other daft c**t who paints f**k**g raditors red gloss on me was saying he was worth 120-180. Id never laughed so much in my life. Ended up arguing with the 2nd daft c**t and was going kill the skinny ugly c**t. Fast forward few months later(6). First c**t has been homeless for ages begging me to take him back and the other rare thing has been sitting in the house looking out the window. Honestly could have done with them during a job recently but just couldnt take them again because will end up in jail with the thoughts going through my head with the cheek of the c**ts. I bust my balls working and creating work and here we have 2 thick c**ts who think they are worth tradesmen wages who are both thick as champ!

HAd another 2, one young lad 17, keen as f**k and on 35-50 a day. This one isnt to bad, listens and does all what i say. But only taking him on jobs that arent to dangerous.

Another one near 50, who wanted to learn stone. 50 a day untill he got the hang of it(he gets other money from elsewhere). Wasnt doing to bad, but think it got the better of him because one day he stopped answering the phone just out of the blue lol. Tbh thou, i threw him in the deep end with a difficult job and maybe it got to him. I even took a hit on him and also injured myself trying to cover his wages but would have preferred an answer to why he wasnt coming back.

As for the OP, its difficult to get good men or young ones. The young ones are spoilt f**k**g rotten and think they are worth more. I was even chatting to a guy in glasgow who was doing scaffolding. I asked him how did he like it. His answer was he f**k**g hated it and was leaving because it was to much hard work and for what he was getting, he could sell a bag of grass a day and get the same money! Its just the way society is now im afraid. Me, i was on a f**k**g fiver a day in 1994/5 and slowly built my wages up. I hated it but stuck in there because i knew come a few years down the line, ill have gained al this experience and will get good money.

Still waiting on the good money thou so starting to think was it such a good idea lol. Might just start selling grass like that kid in glasgow lol:loco::envidioso

Seems that most young lads don't want to 'graft' these days... I'm almost through my apprenticeship and there is 3 of us left in second year and 1 lad left in first year... My tutor said there seems to be no one coming through and looking at closing the college course. Doesn't seem to be a great deal of colleges that offer plastering apprenticeships no more in north east either !

Seems that most young lads don't want to 'graft' these days... I'm almost through my apprenticeship and there is 3 of us left in second year and 1 lad left in first year... My tutor said there seems to be no one coming through and looking at closing the college course. Doesn't seem to be a great deal of colleges that offer plastering apprenticeships no more in north east either !

Thats because everyones on youtube learning instead of sitting in classrooms lol

Wow.

17 with no experience?

Tell his dad to f#cking hire him.

Cheeky c@nts

Got to start somewhere.

Honest genuine grafters are bloody hard to find. Youngsters? Even harder. Only being made worse by plastering wages as compared to sparks and plumbers, who generally get better dough for less/easier work, with more longevity!

Thing is come out of prison and go on a firm and they want a crb check they are f**k*d so a vicious circle at times