Finding work after finishing college.

Members online

DyLz

Hi everyone, Im 24 and currently doing my level 1 plastering diploma at college, I've been in all different sectors of work but I think I've finally found what I want to do.

The college I'm at do apprenticeship's for level 2 but I unfortunately won't be able to do a apprenticeship when I get to level 2 because it doesn't cover my outgoings.

I was wondering how long would it take for me to find work once completeting my level 2 and how much would I expect to be earning. I understand you usually get paid more with your experience but thought I'd just get a rough idea of what to expect.

Thank you.:)

My advice would be to ring around your local plasterers and ask them the same question as thing differ from region to region ref the amount of work and what money you can earn .It also depends a'lot on you i.e.... what you can do and what your attitude is like .You may get a job laboring for some one who would let you carry on with your collage work and learn from them at the same time if you are lucky. Hope it works out for you .Good luck.

Hi everyone, Im 24 and currently doing my level 1 plastering diploma at college, I've been in all different sectors of work but I think I've finally found what I want to do.

The college I'm at do apprenticeship's for level 2 but I unfortunately won't be able to do a apprenticeship when I get to level 2 because it doesn't cover my outgoings.

I was wondering how long would it take for me to find work once completeting my level 2 and how much would I expect to be earning. I understand you usually get paid more with your experience but thought I'd just get a rough idea of what to expect.

Thank you.:)
Location etc will help mate and best of luck. I admire it when a person is keen to graft as you can't teach that

Thanks for the reply guys and the advice appreciate it. I live in Huddersfield and will definitely ring around tomorrow. This is my first full wall I did today in 4 and a half hours ( scratch coat, float coat and rubbing up) really proud of it as I've only do 7 days at college so far:bananahappy:
Also a friend has just offered me a job to plaster a kitchen for him early December which could lead to a job!

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 752
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 810
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 733
  • IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG