Fitting coving after skimming ceiling

Members online

ChrispyUK

Just wondering how long you need to wait to fit plaster coving after skiming a ceiling?

OK the day after, or let it dry out first?

Cheers guys

we cove same day.
if you cove later give the area where the fits on ceiling and wall a weak coat of pva, this prevents the adhesive from drying to quick.

we cove same day.
if you cove later give the area where the fits on ceiling and wall a weak coat of pva, this prevents the adhesive from drying to quick.
See I disagree with this, we just wet it down before coving. Pva no matter how weak can be seen after painting imo. I know plenty do it that way just don't understand it.

See I disagree with this, we just wet it down before coving. Pva no matter how weak can be seen after painting imo. I know plenty do it that way just don't understand it.

we pva as we find it easy to clean down the excess adhesive. if the adhesive dries to quickly it goes to crumble and does not reach full strength.

But a bag of ca120 and no need to PVA, can be done straight after I also cove first then skim to it sometimes.

we pva as we find it easy to clean down the excess adhesive. if the adhesive dries to quickly it goes to crumble and does not reach full strength.
We just soak enough to cover the length going up then stick it straight away, never had any problems but each to there own mate.

IMG_6184.PNG
I'm getting closer

Thin artex sealer. About 40% water.. Always seal joints as well to stop the cracking. Why oh why don't fitters do this? I have to rake out joints, seal, fill again..dose my nut! I plaster and decorate and if you thin artex sealer the emulsion will pull in from some suction and not give any problems around edges. Pva however is a nightmare to paint over. As for plastering then coving same day. Never happy about doing it same day.. however.. Not had any problems using cove adhesive, but I don't recommend putting up over wet plaster as it may cause problems later on. Maybe?

A builder I used to work for would always get me in to cove right after skimming. Time after time, the damp transferred to the cove and it went yellow on painting. I now only use Easifill to stick cove up with, and always pop a couple of sheradised pins in each length (belt & braces). Easifill cleans off lovely, even on bone dry plaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A builder I used to work for would always get me in to cove right after skimming. Time after time, the damp transferred to the cove and it went yellow on painting. I now only use Easifill to stick cove up with, and always pop a couple of sheradised pins in each length (belt & braces). Easifill cleans off lovely, even on bone dry plaster.

Cove adhesive to stick then finish off with easyfill. It dose say in the spec you can uses easyfill to stick though. Can take a week to dry out which causes problems if painting to soon.. Cove adhesive being the slowest drying product i have ever used. Really takes days / weeks

Cove adhesive to stick then finish off with easyfill. It dose say in the spec you can uses easyfill to stick though. Can take a week to dry out which causes problems if painting to soon.. Cove adhesive being the slowest drying product i have ever used. Really takes days / weeks

I’ve had BG Cove Adhesive fail numerous times so no longer use it. Drywall adhesive sticks like s**t to a blanket but some brands can be gritty. Easifill does retain moisture for longer, as you say. If customers weren’t always in such a rush to finish, there wouldn’t be problems. Went past a site in Truro recently where the external walks on a block of three storey town houses were rendered one day and painted the next. A recipe for disaster.

I'd rather let it dry (the ceiling) first and from what I'm reading you lot are a bunch of f**k**g cowboys ffs :rolleyes::popcorn::risas:

I’ve had BG Cove Adhesive fail numerous times so no longer use it. Drywall adhesive sticks like s**t to a blanket but some brands can be gritty. Easifill does retain moisture for longer, as you say. If customers weren’t always in such a rush to finish, there wouldn’t be problems. Went past a site in Truro recently where the external walks on a block of three storey town houses were rendered one day and painted the next. A recipe for disaster.

Same as the bg cove adhesive is shite!