Friday night Curry

Members online

Well it arrived today - the Curry trowel, 13x5 stainless steel finishing trowel. On first inspection it looks a crock of s**t.

my new toy just arrived !!
i hate them all !!
MT 18" xtra lite... close my eyes and let this fuucker do the rest.

Attachments

• 20170924_143640.jpg
    20170924_143640.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 323
Well used nella all way through and think I.m converted ..not even broke in yet. Don't know if pic.s do it justice
Nela is by far the best made trowel I've come across, the stainless one that is. I like mt but got this idea it's just cheap tat with a comfortable weight and handle, the blade just bends all weird?

Nela is by far the best made trowel I've come across, the stainless one that is. I like mt but got this idea it's just cheap tat with a comfortable weight and handle, the blade just bends all weird?
Saying that. Had a mare with second gage . Let it go bit to far and it was a decent size room where every wall had a corner. And then there was boxing in ......plus I had me carvery booked for four n new most was behind cupboards lol

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I feel I've given the Curry trowel a good hammering...screed, floating and a bit of skimming.
1. It still feels heavier than a MT.
2. The handle is a tad shorter than the MT/Nela.
3. The blade is nice and straight.
4. I've worn off the useless/pointless gold colour finish it has.....what the point in that?
In conclusion, if you want a hand made, hand finished trowel from California (blow is legal there and maybe the toolmaker is wasted), then fill your boots. I wouldn't again - MT's are a superior trowel, in finish and balance.

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now and I feel I've given the Curry trowel a good hammering...screed, floating and a bit of skimming.
4. I've worn off the useless/pointless gold colour finish it has.....what the point in that?
In conclusion, if you want a hand made, hand finished trowel from California (blow is legal there and maybe the toolmaker is wasted), then fill your boots. I wouldn't again - MT's are a superior trowel, in finish and balance.

nice review :D

Any further developments with this trowel? Has it turned out to be better than you thought?

How much did it cost you in total to get delivery etc ?

I just needed to hear about another trowel other than the medi flex ! Don’t see tyzack around much these days...

@irish_spread is the tyzack man,
Tbf the new ones are dirt cheap to buy we might as well get a Carbon each too
I did have a tyzack once it was a nice trowel until I smashed f**k out of it against a block wall in a fit of rage. Can’t remember what triggered the tantrum but the trowel got wrecked for some reason.