Full mesh or stress patch

Arti

Alreet gadgies.
Don't do any spraying onto brickwork but got a couple of extensions to do on blockwork.
Do the lads who do newbuilds fully mesh or just stress patch

Love
Arti Xxxxxx

This is what I hate about it ! For the last six months every job over block work has mesh in the spec ffs and not only. You have to use maite around the windows with ewi mesh

Alreet gadgies.
Don't do any spraying onto brickwork but got a couple of extensions to do on blockwork.

Love
Arti Xxxxxx
Just done a new build weber,spec was mesh round all openinings plus stress patch on block work,there was two course of brick which was rend aid and mesh

Even if it's standard 7n block I mesh the lot, particularly ifs it's a new build. Block work can still settle months later a bed of mesh will just give you a bit more cover, and a quid meter on mesh isn't going to finish you.

It isn’t just a pound a metre is it? Who pays for putting it on the wall
It adds very little time, if your margins that tight, it shouldn't be.we did over 10,000 metres of mono last year and even that much, it's an insignificant cost just meshing in the scheme of things. I just charge another quid a metre more to the contractor or developer I've not lost a contract yet when I've explained why I'm doing it.

Last edited:
one pass, rule, and spat or
Cut mesh, first pass, bed mesh, flatten, cut mesh around openings, second pass rule spat
How does that not add much time?

Alreet gadgies.

Love
Arti Xxxxxx
I'd mesh the f**k**g lot as not worth the awkward phone calls to go and put it right which lets face it you can't patch render without noticing??

one pass, rule, and spat or
Cut mesh, first pass, bed mesh, flatten, cut mesh around openings, second pass rule spat
How does that not add much time?
We always do 2 passes for a start,
And then One lad stood at one end of the panel, another at the other end pulls it taught, cuts with a sharp knife around openings, push in to the mortar, done move on, as said it does add time but it's 10 minutes a lift in a routine.
I'd always mesh as well because we do a lot of new builds, the 7n block work can still settle 3 months later, meshing gives the render a bit more flexibility before and if any stress cracks appear.

We always do 2 passes for a start,
And then One lad stood at one end of the panel, another at the other end pulls it taught, cuts with a sharp knife around openings, push in to the mortar, done move on, as said it does add time but it's 10 minutes a lift in a routine.
I'd always mesh as well because we do a lot of new builds, the 7n block work can still settle 3 months later, meshing gives the render a bit more flexibility before and if any stress cracks appear.
He is looking at it as a subby and on price where as your looking at it as doing a job, this is where I think the mix up is :)

Hi Guys,

Worth having a look at our EZE Mesh. It's s really high quality and a decent price.

The 190g has the bigger holes and is perfect for S&C. The 210g is the most popular for render

https://www.plasterers1stopshop.co.uk/plastering-amp-rendering-supplies-c-267/reinforcing-mesh-c-340

Hi is that better than, or just replacing the TV10 mesh i had off you to bed in s&c job we did a few months back ?
Interested cos got at least another 2 coming up where cos the outer cavity brick skin is knackered the spec is do the ties, dont hack as thats solid and holding the outer skin together, then key, sbr n bed mesh in scratch .

Hi is that better than, or just replacing the TV10 mesh i had off you to bed in s&c job we did a few months back ?
Interested cos got at least another 2 coming up where cos the outer cavity brick skin is knackered the spec is do the ties, dont hack as thats solid and holding the outer skin together, then key, sbr n bed mesh in scratch .

Hi mate,

Confident in saying this Mesh is the best on the market.

We still do the TV10 for Parex specs

Alreet gadgies.

Love
Arti Xxxxxx
We mesh around windows and doors plus stress patches if correct substrate
Fully mesh if needed