1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Garage Floor Questions

Discussion in 'Floor Screeding Discussions' started by AOIS, Jul 6, 2017.

1. AOIS

AOIS New Member

Hello,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to be able to advise on the following please.

At the end of October last year I purchased a new build property. My understanding is the garage floor has some kind of screed finish. The surface looks to have a very inconsistent finish with what I can only describe as rough patches and what look like bubbles. It almost looks like a cement appearance on the surface in certain areas.

I'm fairly confident that these areas have developed overtime as were not present from the point we moved in.

My property was the first one contrstucted on the development and it seems that all other garages now look to have a concrete floor.

Any help, advice or reassurance appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Builderboi

Builderboi Well-Known Member

Looks like someone's dumped poorly mixed and laid self leveling compound geez

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AOIS

AOIS New Member

Thanks for your reply although unsure what you mean?

4. Builderboi

Self leveling compound is used to smooth and level rough surfaces.... Poorly mixed and laid it'll look that in your garage where are you based?, someone on here could come out to quote to prime and relay it properly

5. Builderboi

BTW as a garage it's purely cosmetic... I wouldn't worry about it. :hola:

6. AOIS

AOIS New Member

Thanks, it should all be covered under my warranty if it's defective but that challenge is getting the developer to admit it's not right.

7. AOIS

AOIS New Member

Can I ask if this type of surface will be impacted in anyway by damp or water please?

8. Dropsalot

Dropsalot Private Member

Yes.
    Water will make it wet.
    A lot of water will make it really wet.
    If it got wet, ............but then didn't get any wetter, ......after a time it would of course be damp.....
    Hope this helps.......:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1