Good job

Members online

Ok for an easy life I suppose but couldn't house and feed a family for that money down here imo

Some good work coming up for you southern softies. Maybe if someone wants to be employed on a good wage.

Plasterer
http://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?from=appshareios&jk=04fea769408b7750
Paid 6 weeks off a year including bank hols, paid van,fuel etc, no paying out liability insurance etc, pension contributions ,guarantee pay evey week. If it's for a housing association it will be steady away.
You'd have to be earning around 50k self employed just to match that.

Paid 6 weeks off a year including bank hols, paid van,fuel etc, no paying out liability insurance etc, pension contributions ,guarantee pay evey week. If it's for a housing association it will be steady away.
You'd have to be earning around 50k self employed just to match that.

In London, most people, ie younger than me would need a lot more to get on that. It may sound crazy but my son is a young electrical engineer earning £60 an hour, struggling to buy a place here. A young plasterer would struggle when to rent a 2 bed in a scruffy area of London prob costs £1500 a month plus £100 a month train ticket, congestion charge for driving etc.
When you see plastering jobs advertised in the west end at £250 a day it may seem good but it's not. Sad state of affairs unfortunately

In London, most people, ie younger than me would need a lot more to get on that. It may sound crazy but my son is a young electrical engineer earning £60 an hour, struggling to buy a place here. A young plasterer would struggle when to rent a 2 bed in a scruffy area of London prob costs £1500 a month plus £100 a month train ticket, congestion charge for driving etc.
When you see plastering jobs advertised in the west end at £250 a day it may seem good but it's not. Sad state of affairs unfortunately
It's no way to live,a pure rat race.

It's a fair point you make,
I'm immune to it living in the countryside in North Yorkshire. I guess it's what your used to and where you grew up, that money would give you a great quality of life here, with clean air, pretty much zero crime, Yorkshire dales on my doorstep, great community spirit, I can go out here no foreign languages etc.
But if you've lived there and have family and friends as ties and like thr hustle and bustle of it all. I was in central London recently, squashed on the tube, everywhere packed and it was like the United Nations, it's not for me.

I could not live in a city or town... I love living in small villages but I would be even happier out in the sticks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

IMG_1041.JPG
Well I'm staying here in the bog.

Met a Geordie in Wickes yesterday, he was asking about the BGCP logo on my tee shirt. Turns out he came down here to do a 2 bed flat in Marble Arch. Builder sent him a Whatsapp video of it and he reckoned £2400 labour plus £250 mats . Builder gave him the go ahead, Geordie worked out it was 10 days work. Was amazed that he couldn't get a local to east London merchant to deliver to central London so he had to drive in, £65 to park (?) , congestion charge plus spent all day loading out. £12 a day train fares, drive in to London twice to drop off and collect his tools on top of that so congestion charge x2, parking x2 days, slept in his van, northerners love that. Plus a probably 300 mile (?) round trip back to Upnorth .

Moral of the story, £240 a day cash may seem ok but London rates would need to be double to justify doing the job. He can't wait to get back to his ferrets now