heat gun to speed up plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

0121bcfc

just wondering what your opinions on this is done it twice now seems t0 work a treat but do you guys know any reason to not to do it ?

Now i'm sorry to single anyone out but lets be honest, in our trade even those of us that disagree with some "rough" methods like sponges, speed skims and fancy trowels all agree that in the right hands they have there place. Im not sure anyone at all that has the brain cells to call themselves a plasterer and mean it would use a f**k**g heat gun!

@Danny i think the time has come for a ban this numpty option i really do. 20+ votes to eliminate bullying obviously

I had to go fix a bodge render repair on a boundary wall where it was suppose to be a blend in.. If it wasn't bad enough their was a 6mm lip I spent an hour convincing the client we aren't all cowboys after she showed me the pictures of the previous guy with a pink hairdryer trying to set the render lol!!
Just glad she didn't see my horse and cart out front :)

Now i'm sorry to single anyone out but lets be honest, in our trade even those of us that disagree with some "rough" methods like sponges, speed skims and fancy trowels all agree that in the right hands they have there place. Im not sure anyone at all that has the brain cells to call themselves a plasterer and mean it would use a f**k**g heat gun!

@Danny i think the time has come for a ban this numpty option i really do. 20+ votes to eliminate bullying obviously
you a teacher ? i feel for you living in poverty in Coventry

I've used heat gun in the past, as well as a hairdryer, an industrial heater and a garden vac. You've got to crack eggs to make an omelette

It's called gumption. The wife's exhaust broke the other day and I fixed it with a couple of jubilee clips and an empty can of tyskie. Purists would say I should have bought a new one but this will do till the end of the month when she gets her new one. Plus the can is oxidised as well so it won't rust

It's called gumption. The wife's exhaust broke the other day and I fixed it with a couple of jubilee clips and an empty can of tyskie. Purists would say I should have bought a new one but this will do till the end of the month when she gets her new one. Plus the can is oxidised as well so it won't rust

I have travelled europe in a buggy with a knackered headgasket and temporarily fixed with a hose pipe and a funnel :)

image.jpg
f**k it, why not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.