Hello! Slight bit of advice needed please.

Markus89

Hi guys,
After ready the forum for the last couple of weeks I thought is ask your advice if possible?

Right, I have just taken all the tiles off the bathroom walls which were sat on render hoping to get a plasterer in to dot and dab the walls so then i can paint/refit a new bathroom.
The plasterer has just come back to me and raised his concern regarding if he was to dot and dab straight onto the render or brick, that salt coming through may cause an issue(no sign of salt issue as of yet).
What product can I use on the brick/render to try and prevent or totally cure salt from showing once dot and dabbed then plastered?
Would a Microshield - Masonry Water Repellent work or a Salt Neutraliser be any good or would the salt come straight through this? I have searched high and low and i am struggling to find a defied answer.
Thanks Markus

Maybe help

Attachments

• IMG_0506.PNG
    IMG_0506.PNG
    155 KB · Views: 248
If its a single skin solid wall on an external wall then he is correct and should ideally be sand & cement based.

If it has a cavity then no probes drylining.

Hi guys,
After ready the forum for the last couple of weeks I thought is ask your advice if possible?

Right, I have just taken all the tiles off the bathroom walls which were sat on render hoping to get a plasterer in to dot and dab the walls so then i can paint/refit a new bathroom.
The plasterer has just come back to me and raised his concern regarding if he was to dot and dab straight onto the render or brick, that salt coming through may cause an issue(no sign of salt issue as of yet).
What product can I use on the brick/render to try and prevent or totally cure salt from showing once dot and dabbed then plastered?
Would a Microshield - Masonry Water Repellent work or a Salt Neutraliser be any good or would the salt come straight through this? I have searched high and low and i am struggling to find a defied answer.
Thanks Markus
Hello!!! Just a thought mate, Why has your spread recommended You to dot and dab in a bathroom anyways? Surely the best bet is to float and set it! Simples Pimples!!!!