1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

help needed

Discussion in 'Floor Screeding Discussions' started by jeremy blackmore, May 26, 2017.

1. jeremy blackmore

jeremy blackmore New Member

hi everyone
    i have today laid a 100mm concrete base for my conservatory. I have noticed that I need to make up an inch to match the existing floor of the house.

my question is this. if I use self levelling compound to say the maximum 6mm thickness. can I add another layer of self leveller to say 6mm etc etc to gain the inch that I need to match the existing floor. ( once tge first layer has dried obviously)

thanks

2. clarkie

clarkie Active Member

Expensive that it would take a lot of bags. A sand cement and granno mix would be a lot cheaper or get it ashphalted

3. Clodge83

Clodge83 New Member

Hi
    Use Bal level max it is fibre based and can go up to 80mm in one hit.
    £12 a bag from CTD, cheap whisk and a gorilla tub.
    1 bag should do 1 m2 @ 15mm thick

• Like Like x 2
  4. Clint chapman

Clint chapman Member

Ant in mix n lay an inch of traditional screed make sure floor is slurried with sir n cement otherwise it'll take ages and cost a small fortune

5. Clint chapman

Clint chapman Member

Sbr in mix sorry m8

6. malc

malc Private Member

a 1 inch screed was a standard screed.
    i would flood the oversite, to slow the suction then apply sbr while the sbr is still wet lay the screed with sbr in the mix. flood the screed and cover with polythene for the next 7 days to cure. if the screed dries out to quickly it will turn up at the edges like a piece of dried bread.

7. Rigsby

Rigsby Private Member

Malc is bang on.

I have a outside area done as above 25mm thick finished in Arduit exterior self leveller, done ten years ago. Faced the elements and an annual pressre wash.

Anyone who can semi dry screed can do it and the curing is important.