1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Lime Plastering Case Studies' started by James Eccleston, Jul 11, 2017.

1. James Eccleston

James Eccleston New Member

Hi,

Could anyone help me identify what this material is that I found in some plaster around a chimney breast? I've attached an image of a piece of plaster I removed. Hopefully you can see it in the photo, there's small (maybe 1mm wide) shiny crystal like bits in the plaster. Does anyone know what this is?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

James

Attached Files:

2. Topspread16

Topspread16 Member

I think it's crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TonyM

TonyM Private Member

Is it 1/14th of Stonehenge?

4. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

5. Topspread16

Topspread16 Member

It is danny, vermiculite a bulking aggregate with thermal qualities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. stokeplasterer

stokeplasterer Active Member

I agree with Danny and topspread

7. bobski

bobski Active Member

Yep, vermiculite, or if you put it in yourself 'micafil', also used as loose insulation. The annoying shite in lofts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. seanlar

seanlar Member

It's just sand and lime