how much should u earn a day plastering

Members online

hate when people talk money on here... or anywhere to be honest... I was taught that it was crass

If we don't talk money that's when you get the sceanario at the BBC with pay.

Is there anything you do like people discussing on here btw ;)

Skimmers should get f**k all.

They're just dickheads who couldn't be arsed to learn the trade properly.

Same as tackers and dabbers and whoever else.

Wrecked our trade they have.
Architects have to shoulder some blame for the demise of floating, how many specs have you seen that stipulate " 12.5mm plasterboard direct bond to block work finished with 3mm skim" I've seen bespoke houses built, they take weeks on the brickwork then dab everything inside. I do agree with you

Architects have to shoulder some blame for the demise of floating, how many specs have you seen that stipulate " 12.5mm plasterboard direct bond to block work finished with 3mm skim" I've seen bespoke houses built, they take weeks on the brickwork then dab everything inside. I do agree with you
Bang right about floating.
Now everything is boarded but the point is that now one firm boards it out and another skims it...now we have people that only know how to skim or only know how to board.
Its ridiculous when its all one trade, and the real plasterers are losing out IMO.

I was moaning about some boarding some weeks ago and the boarder had the cheek to say if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a job.

I do a good mix of work been solo there is and never will be a set rate when your self employed just gotta cover your outlay and make what you think is right. I couldn't give a rats are what rest of you charge I do ok and that's my business lol no offence :bananahappy:

If u can't do full internal and external. You are not a plasterer. It's like saying you are a mechanic but can only service a car.

I cannot agree srongly enough
:sisi:

i make £300 a day skimming easy.. why would i drop back rendering floating and screeding for twice the work.
im only subbing without the paperwork and hassle.
i know lads that just tack n dab on £400 a day with a gang.

i make £300 a day skimming easy.. why would i drop back rendering floating and screeding for twice the work.
im only subbing without the paperwork and hassle.
i know lads that just tack n dab on £400 a day with a gang.
You're missing the point.
Its all good just skimming...as long as they are plasterers. Not just skimmers.

You're missing the point.
Its all good just skimming...as long as they are plasterers. Not just skimmers.

i know lads who board dab skim render float cove....il send you pics .
on £130 a day on day work.
good lads aswell.
lets cut the s**t mate its all about money.
its business.
if you got lads earning you money then good.
i put my van into a garage im sure an engineer wont look at it but an anprentice will.

i also know the shittest spreads who are rich as f**k "macs plasterers"
"rgb plasterers"
f**k**g loaded buying land in london and building hotels.
....and the best of plasterers that are flat broke.

If we don't talk money that's when you get the sceanario at the BBC with pay.

Is there anything you do like people discussing on here btw ;)

trouble is it is all well and good talking about it but it always ends up with people name calling...

The fact is some people are happy to earn day work while others want to run a business...

Politics should never be discussed in my opinion

I can render I can screed I can float I can skim... I make more money skimming (when I was on the tools) I personally now would not take on rendering work because the likes of @wezley and @Dansouthcoast84 and many others do it day in and day out and will be better quicker than I will be...

You do best what you do best and pay others to do what they do best

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170727-171809.png
    Screenshot_20170727-171809.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
I do all. Skimming is the s**t money end of plastering. To hard on the body for the money. So I work smart. Take on one off private builds and do the lot. And I disagree with @Danny just because some lads render all the time Don't make them better as they do it all the time. It's all f**k*d up now. Some lads that just can skim think they are trades men lol come on ffs it's only takes 6 weeks to get someone up to a good standard skimming. Same as boarders not a trade. They are part of the plastering trade small part at that. Iv no problem with lads just skimming or just boarding or just both. But we all know just been able to skim don't make u a tradesman far from it. Now am off to bed am skimming tomorrow (y)

"rgb plasterers"
Completely agree with you.
Thats good business. But what we're talking about here is skimmers calling themselves plasterers when they shouldn't be anywhere near a site.

Thats good business. But what we're talking about here is skimmers calling themselves plasterers when they shouldn't be anywhere near a site.

there wouldnt be a site without skimmers/tapers .....its all gone to s**t mate.
but skimmers and boarders are best earners still on site.
breathing in that s**t all day .....they should be on double.
i dont want wrist burns from sand cement anymore or trying to dodge the smell of lime.
..with buckled hands with big callasis.
lifes to short plasterings to hard (y)

just putting forward a different point of view CeeVee xx

I can render I can screed I can float I can skim... I make more money skimming (when I was on the tools) I personally now would not take on rendering work because the likes of @wezley and @Dansouthcoast84 and many others do it day in and day out and will be better quicker than I will be...

i agree.

weve got dryliners on call when needed and screeders. give them metre rate then you know what you got money wise.

small one off houses we doit all but if need quick turn around we split the trades

the company I am subbying for subs out all the floor screeds and most of the fixing and plasterboarding because they are quicker at it I guess, it's all well and good the guys on the forum giving it the big one saying you're not a plasterer unless you can do this and that but if you know every single aspect of the trade inside out that is unbelievable in my opinion, all the render finishes? Floor screeds? Fibrous work? If you can do that better than the guys that solely do it day in day out then you deserve a pat on the back.

the company I am subbying for subs out all the floor screeds and most of the fixing and plasterboarding because they are quicker at it I guess, it's all well and good the guys on the forum giving it the big one saying you're not a plasterer unless you can do this and that but if you know every single aspect of the trade inside out that is unbelievable in my opinion, all the render finishes? Floor screeds? Fibrous work? If you can do that better than the guys that solely do it day in day out then you deserve a pat on the back.
Forty years ago it was all done by a plasterer granted there was not many diff renders but the work was harder so really shouldn't give problems, but no ones taught like that

Perhaps the trade has become too big and complicated hence different trades branching from plastering.

Over here loads of boarding and drying gangs/firms and loads of floor screeding firms too. More or less separate trades at times. Could count on hand many times I've had to deal with screed and wouldn't be much more I've had to board. And I'm happy enough at that, really hate boarding and not keen on pulling floors.

Errrr I can't render ........ok I can a bit .can do the Webber on small project . Never got round d to learning to render can do it In a fashion and done back of my gym and front in Webber cause I.m tight ass . What put me of was I did a friend's barn and heavens opened and it ended up on floor then did another friend's n happened again then then did some Webber n it started snowing . See why I prefer to be Inside.

Bang right about floating.
Now everything is boarded but the point is that now one firm boards it out and another skims it...now we have people that only know how to skim or only know how to board.
Its ridiculous when its all one trade, and the real plasterers are losing out IMO.

My biggest problem this, cos I just do whatever is needed ie float, dab, set, render, screed...... even tiling I actually end up earning less as I'm not as quick doing 1 set thing...... it's just b*ll***s but could be worse.

"rgb plasterers"
Is Mac's plasterers from Luton? See them most mornings on the M1 heading into London town