Injuries

Members online

John j

Mono Don
whats ye worst .
I had plaster in eye few times worst was when I had a 2 hour drive home couldn't look at car lights . Ended up in hospital that night having it cleaned . Said I,d burnt all my eye . Wife had just got me PS3 n couldn't look at t v for bout a week or any other light .
Jumped of hop up straight on to board lift . Thought I had broke my ankle .
Hop up went through floor while doing a ceiling. I fell on to wall ,trowel sliced my hand . Carried on as I was on second coat . Customer came in by now had blood down me arm and had dripped on my face . Lol.
Tripped at top of stairs was in full flight .luckly ladders were on stairs and broke me fall .just sprained me thumb.
I got out on mtb a lot and find I darent do some jumps as it means I could be out of work . That's what I tell lads anyway . Personally I think I turned in to a pussy with age

Other then that note serious touch wood ,

Had tons of injuries, but a rather nice one was when I was coming down some ladders...I knew I should have cut my toenails...the steel cap in my boot stuck behind my big toenail.

Ripped the big toenail clean off. Claret everywhere.

I still finished the days rendering :LOL:

Broken ribs, smashed toes, plaster in eyes, concussion, finger nearly cut off (got some compo for that! :LOL:) had to have a disc in my back out, my lungs are 20 years older than me, and now arthiritis...(y)

Had tons of injuries, but a rather nice one was when I was coming down some ladders...I knew I should have cut my toenails...the steel cap in my boot stuck behind my big toenail.

Ripped the big toenail clean off. Claret everywhere.

I still finished the days rendering :LOL:

Broken ribs, smashed toes, plaster in eyes, concussion, finger nearly cut off (got some compo for that! :LOL:) had to have a disc in my back out, my lungs are 20 years older than me, and now arthiritis...(y)

But apart from that!! :D

Biggest stupid moment I ever done I was using a wisk in a cordless just mixing paint, was cleaning it with my fingers and for some bizarre reason pressed the trigger. Broke ring finger and my mate couldn't stop laughing.... that fecking hurt.

Crushed a finger off left hand, full face fracture when I fell face first onto a bulldozer blade, skin grafts when I ripped the skin off the inside of two fingers, broken bones ( collar, foot, ribs, hand). But the worst was a paper cut on my tongue licking an envelope. :llorando:

Was doing a refurb job a while back for a really annoying customer. The sort of person who always moans and questions everything you do even though the job is left spotless everyday and is running to schedule. Anyway, was stooped over knocking up a bit of multi when he came into the room and started ranting at me.
As I turned round to look at him I must have lost my balance, and accidentally rammed the whisk right up his arse!!

Was doing a refurb job a while back for a really annoying customer. The sort of person who always moans and questions everything you do even though the job is left spotless everyday and is running to schedule. Anyway, was stooped over knocking up a bit of multi when he came into the room and started ranting at me.
As I turned round to look at him I must have lost my balance, and accidentally rammed the whisk right up his arse!!

I'd of pulled the trigger to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a tumble off tressles last year n had a bit of a cut on belly caught on bit that sticks up on end of tressles to stop planks slipping off, i did put a pic of the nic i had on here somewhere at the time ?

Brick acid in eye once had to go a and e, tennis elbow but that's under control now thank god

Oh yeah and this, snapped a bone in my wrist after falling off the motorbike

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    886.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    964.2 KB · Views: 337
I have been digging trench and helping my father in law wire up 5 garages with lights and sockets... I am cut and bruised but the worst one was a papercut on the finger when I was in the office this morning...ffs

I have been digging trench and helping my father in law wire up 5 garages with lights and sockets... I am cut and bruised but the worst one was a papercut on the finger when I was in the office this morning...ffs
Traitor working with a sparky!

Worst one I did was cutting rib lathe for some render no gloves on it flicked back and went through my middle finger slicing it back to the knuckle it took about 5 seconds to register in my brain then blood everywhere blokes I was working with went just stick it in a bag of finish that will stop bleeding I knew from that day onwards what a caring bunch Plasterer's were

Worst one I did was cutting rib lathe for some render no gloves on it flicked back and went through my middle finger slicing it back to the knuckle it took about 5 seconds to register in my brain then blood everywhere blokes I was working with went just stick it in a bag of finish that will stop bleeding I knew from that day onwards what a caring bunch Plasterer's were

ouch

They say 20% of the people have 80% of the accidents. Sometimes I wonder what side I fall on. No broken bones thus far but taken a tumble on stilts once. Was lucky enough to make it to a wall we had just put finish on and more or less slide down it with my backside. Worst part was getting plaster up the shirt, then into the pants. That just stays uncomfortable all day long. (and now I tuck my shirt in at work)

Had tennis elbow so bad I couldn't pick up my phone for about a month. Took a solid year to really go away. (And that was doing stretches and exercising regularly.) Had to totally change how I used a trowel to get work done. I hope it never comes back, that was a brutal year.

They say 20% of the people have 80% of the accidents. Sometimes I wonder what side I fall on. No broken bones thus far but taken a tumble on stilts once. Was lucky enough to make it to a wall we had just put finish on and more or less slide down it with my backside. Worst part was getting plaster up the shirt, then into the pants. That just stays uncomfortable all day long. (and now I tuck my shirt in at work)

Had tennis elbow so bad I couldn't pick up my phone for about a month. Took a solid year to really go away. (And that was doing stretches and exercising regularly.) Had to totally change how I used a trowel to get work done. I hope it never comes back, that was a brutal year.
Can you get tennis elbow from holding trowel a different way

Can you get tennis elbow from holding trowel a different way

I got my tennis elbow from skimming a long hallway on a commercial project. Was skimming it with drywall mud and I knew the mud was getting thick but rather than thin it some I decided I was a real Plasterer and weak sauce drywall mud wasn't going to slow me down... I knew I was in big trouble later that night.

I'm no authority on it but for me holding my trowel with my knuckles toward the ground eased the pain and let me work. If I tried to spread with my knuckles up like normal I had excruciating pain and no strength. A brace helped a lot but twisting exercises with a Thera bar helped the most imo.

I have had very few serious injuries :-\ am I just waiting for the biggy!!!!