Joining the Rendabot crew.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the lads that leave it wet over night would be more a worry when it can be -2 , we don't work lower then 4 rising on a same day , I might be beading tomorrow ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a nice few days, well no rain freezing though, thought we may have been good to go and get started on some of the render that's been piling up over the past 4 months.. Obviously not :(

We booked in solid for 2-3 months from the start of March fingers crossed we can get started :-/

Had a really mild winter though so I'm half expecting a winter in March just the f**k us over :(

We had a nice few days, well no rain freezing though, thought we may have been good to go and get started on some of the render that's been piling up over the past 4 months.. Obviously not :(

We booked in solid for 2-3 months from the start of March fingers crossed we can get started :-/

Had a really mild winter though so I'm half expecting a winter in March just the f**k us over :(

Sounds good Ben! Hope you can get a start and everything goes like clockwork :guitarra:

It's the lads that leave it wet over night would be more a worry when it can be -2 , we don't work lower then 4 rising on a same day , I might be beading tomorrow ! Lol

Your not bothered about the frost getting in what you done in the day then Keith?

Yeah but the frost proof helps it go off not stop the frost getting in!!
Just curious as if it gets below -1 over night its risky

A frost proofer is what it says, a frost proofer. Anti freeze in our car radiators is a frost proofer. Although I would think the car radiator stuff is more powerful.

-1 is a ground frost think it is minus 3 and beyond before it goes into vertical surfaces but you have to also consider heat loss.

I have never seen the effects of frost getting into render only render blowing off after being saturated from water coming out of overflows.

So it looks like I'm investing and going to be joining you all.

After some helpful info from both @bobby and @owls I'm getting myself a Ritmo L.
Thanks for the advice lads much appreciated [emoji106].

It seems like an investment I need to make with the amount of rendering we have been doing I just hope it bloody continues!

I also had a very good chat with Ian from @PFTwales who's also advised me on getting the Ritmo.
I did try to speak to Ryan last week at Plasterersonestopshop and was told he'd call me back but never heard nothing.

I'm in the process of sorting finance then will be calling Ian to place the order and join the crew.
Will be taking my lads up for a training day once it's in I just hope England have beat Wales by then or its after I pick it up! Couldn't handle the banter if we lose [emoji33][emoji23]

Welcome to 21st century rendering,
Have you got rid of your type writer yet, and bought a computer to do your invoices on aswell?

Slightly off topic but owls post reminded me off the old fella we get skips off. I popped into the yard to square him up and I asked his marra if he could get the old fella to email me over the receipts he replied " email. The old bustard still has a black and white Tele. You ve got no chance him using modern fandangos like emails" welcome to the 21 century

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I had a clear out last Novenber and came across some pre printed quotations from Nebbs. Triplicate carbon copies. Found a load of 3.5" floppy disc's as well from 1994 to 2004.

My missus still has her Hermes typewriter from 1976. Think the ribbon will have dried out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.