K rend gp mortar.

Jim85

Hi

We got a job to do with k rend gp mortar. Never used a bagged s&c before and we are spraying it. K rend spec is 2 coat, scratch with mesh and then top off. Total 16-20mm

I'm gonna use 15mm beads n just stick them on to give me a bit more depth but is this stuff likely to pull in on the scratch if the top coat is too tight? hopefully I want to top off 2 sides of the semis around 85m2 a day so want it to hang around a bit.

And do people wait for it to set up enough to I bar then float it? Usually when we do s and c by hand we spend more time ruling off so just a float over will do but I'm thinking if I use serrated edge, spat then I bar I'll keep up with the sprayer a bit better.

Also iv been looking at one of those refina power floats for the job as it's just under 1000m2 and not looking forward to floating that by hand. Are they worth having? or just something I'll chuck in the garage and never use again?

Thanks [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used a fair bit of it.
I used the power sponge a few times although I wasn't happy with the finish so went back to floating it up.

How do you rule the stuff off do u use serrated edge n spat or just feather edge and do u use a bar on it?

Spray rule flat
Isection then float & sponge
I have used the power sponge on small areas although I found as the grain size is bigger than say ocr the finish wasn't acceptable on new houses

Ok thanks I mite hire one and see how I get on then. You tube vids of people using them looks like it could make life easier.

I'll see how I get on.

Thanks for the info [emoji106][emoji106]

Come to think of it... where would you hire that from?

Mite just have to buy one [emoji4]

I've used a fair bit of it.
I used the power sponge a few times although I wasn't happy with the finish so went back to floating it up.

Did you try the hard diamond plastic disc? We used to power sponge but the disc followed by hand sponge is the ultimate finish.

I've mentioned before it's good for Weber ocr as it's very fine and works a treat
My personal experience with k mix is as the aggregate is bigger the sponge float didn't quite give a acceptable finish for new build houses
Others might disagree.
I used a few thousand bags of it last year also