K Rend painted stone house - batons ?

Members online

Rach

Hi.
I'm not great at DIY, my life is spent looking at a computer screen so I've given a lot of facts - apologies if they lead to confusion

I'm thinking of applying Krend to part my home which was built in 1868 - the reason being there is no cavity wall, the sandtex paint splits & peels meaning water is trapped between stone & paint.
The house is south facing and 1,000 foot above sea level and gets battered in the winter with wind and is blistering hot when the weather is good.

I'd like house to look more contemporary. I have two extensions in block that has normal render on again painted, I'd also Krend these. I want to put new windows in too and need to do some work to the roof.
So my question is,,, on the old part of the house should I baton out apply some sort of board and Krend that effectively building in a cavity ? Plus if so how do you finish it off at the bottom of the wall ?
I'm struggling to find anything about this online

Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi.
I'm not great at DIY, my life is spent looking at a computer screen so I've given a lot of facts - apologies if they lead to confusion

I'm thinking of applying Krend to part my home which was built in 1868 - the reason being there is no cavity wall, the sandtex paint splits & peels meaning water is trapped between stone & paint.
The house is south facing and 1,000 foot above sea level and gets battered in the winter with wind and is blistering hot when the weather is good.

I'd like house to look more contemporary. I have two extensions in block that has normal render on again painted, I'd also Krend these. I want to put new windows in too and need to do some work to the roof.
So my question is,,, on the old part of the house should I baton out apply some sort of board and Krend that effectively building in a cavity ? Plus if so how do you finish it off at the bottom of the wall ?
I'm struggling to find anything about this online

Many thanks
Finish it off with some fishing tackle

no cavity then look at external wall insulation there are a few systems to use
and will change the appearance of your home and energy saving as well.