LEAFLETS

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO WERE ALL f**k*d AT THE MO ..............ANYWAY ILL SEE YOU AT THE PARTY ........TAKE CARE MATE BYEEEE

try leafletting the local asian community... include the word 'discount' on it somewhere.. let us know what happens wont you... ;D

Chris is right. I,m surrounded by em "can I have special price for value my friend?"
Except where its insurance job and they want a BIG quote so uncle can go in hundred quid cheaper and pocket the cash

I drop 20,000 leaflets twice a year, i used to get a lot of work this way years ago but over the last few years it slowed dramatically, i still do it though just to keep my name in the old terraced streets ive always delivered to,as something might come up. 20,000 colour leaflets cost around £250 if i remeber right.
best to use colour well designed else theyll get binned straight away as people will think ur a pikie !!!

I've found that cards help more than leaflets. People are more inclined to keep a small business card on the fridge etc than a big piece of paper. For every 2 streets ive delivered to i've got one job. One job paid for all the cards and then some and i've still got over half of them. 2000 cards for £60 with pic and print.

I tried that when I first started off,didn't get much work, just ride it out and all your work will comes via word of mouth leave a good job and keep the price right cannot go wrong.All good things come to those who wait. ;) ;)

Thing is youl be waiting 30 years for work by word of mouth on a weekly basis.
I been in this game for over 20 years and although i do get work by word of mouth i get 20x more from advertising be it a combination of yellow pags yell.com thomson local,the local rag,leaflets 2 websites etc all in all about £4000 - £5000 a year im multi trade too so do nearly all building work inc plastering plumbing kitchens bathrooms tiling flooring decoration etc etc.
Putting a few leaflets in letterboxes doesnt really work nowdays,everyman and his dog have tried that!!!

same as rich, your better off working on some local builders and become there regular spread, if your going for private all the time then best of luck, so are all the part timers and everyone else who cant keep regular customers.

I used to work with builders,but learnt my lesson years ago,that you cant always rely on them and when there work dries up so does yours.
Depends really how busy you want to be,i advertise and do lots of quotes if i got to much on ill pass the work on to others and make money for doing nothing.
Ive had 11 days with no work this year and thats all, i prefer to advertise as its all private work i do now apart from my regular landords which between them i look after 37 houses now.
If your in the domestic game you gotta advertise if you want regular work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.