Lime skim tips

Members online

johnzo

hi just looking for any tips on lime skim ,I'm doing a job big walls 30 metres long 4 high some even bigger .we have started to lime skim ,it's mixed at 3 silica sand to 2 nhl we lay on the first coat let it pull in then apply the second coat let that pull in then give it a pass with a sponge float then trowel off ,just looking for any tips to stop shading or any tips in general to make life a bit easier,,cheers to all

I'll give you a tip mate. Wear safety goggles! A lad I work with got a dollop of board finish in his eye a few weeks back now. He was in a and e for five hours and a few trips to the eye clinic after that. They had to rinse out his eye with three litres of saline and clean it out. And then he had some drops that he had to put in every few hours. If that was lime it would have eaten his eye.

I wear safety glasses the hole time as U say lime is deadly get that in the eye and it's game over ,as for the building is an old lunatic asylum 140 years old i'ld say the walls could tell some stories

I wear safety glasses the hole time as U say lime is deadly get that in the eye and it's game over ,as for the building is an old lunatic asylum 140 years old i'ld say the walls could tell some stories
Welcome to the new lunatic asylum..........:loco:

I was canny close with prison then

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

While we talking lime , I have pm a few people on here but not found anyone who has used it before , is there any Limeys that have used this l*m*-g***n duro before ?
http://www.l*m*-g***n.co.uk/products/lime-render/duro

Been asked to use it on a job , was after some feed back as never used it before
Thanks Vince.
:frio:

Nah i've never used it before either but, i seem to remember someone asking about l*m*-g***n a few years back on here ?

While we talking lime , I have pm a few people on here but not found anyone who has used it before , is there any Limeys that have used this l*m*-g***n duro before ?
http://www.l*m*-g***n.co.uk/products/lime-render/duro

Been asked to use it on a job , was after some feed back as never used it before
Thanks Vince.
:frio:
alright mate am using it atm - its not a bad drop of gear, bloody costs a lot of $$$$, nice to rule and rub though

alright mate am using it atm - its not a bad drop of gear, bloody costs a lot of $$$$, nice to rule and rub though
Thanks..they not bothered about cost tbh I said I'd give it a go ..if you say nice to rule and rub that'll do for me.
Been a bit of a job this one and I not had the slightest bit of interest in lime products but looked up this l*m*-g***n they want and thought it looks good.
Have you used there finish as well?

UOTE="beader, post: 955931, member: 6883"]Welcome to the new lunatic asylum..........:loco:[/QUOTE]
Cheers think I'll fit right in. I'm not quite ready for the men in white coats but I'm not far off

Thanks..they not bothered about cost tbh I said I'd give it a go ..if you say nice to rule and rub that'll do for me.
Been a bit of a job this one and I not had the slightest bit of interest in lime products but looked up this l*m*-g***n they want and thought it looks good.
Have you used there finish as well?
yes mate the finish is ok to use- make sure you leave enough time for the duro to cure, and even then the finish hangs !!!!! but hey its lime that means time. its a nice change from gypsum- basically drop it down a few gears potter about and work with the gear, i have been taking my running trainers to work, bang it on, bugger off for a run and come back and carry on- that way i get paid for training !!!!
lots of this work cropping up so its worth getting into

Reactions: Pug