LinkedIn

Members online

Yes it's good as long as you get with the right crowd. Only thing i dislike is I get alot of members adding me when they're not even within my trade (lifting equipment inspector). But I guess people always know others that may need work doing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes it's good as long as you get with the right crowd. Only thing i dislike is I get alot of members adding me when they're not even within my trade (lifting equipment inspector). But I guess people always know others that may need work doing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
I know what you mean. I try to stick to specific sectors when accepting people.

I am not on Linkedin but will look into it. I am a member of a trade group. We meet weekly for breakfast and pass each other work.

I'm on it but don't go on much. It's very professional. Like a serious Facebook.
JFE does a lot on there. Dan has some good stuff on show. Rhino does his usual stuff.
I find it the usual marketing monotony. Maybe I'm just not that way inclined anymore but it bores me to be honest..

I CBA with facebook linkedin etc. It's just another load of stuff to wade through, mostly concerning sh1t I have no interest in. I suppose it'd be different if I had no work coming in or wanted to do commercial stuff.

It's all very well picking up extra work and contacts, but it'd just be more emails and phone calls to reply to telling them that I can't do it as we're booked up.

I'm on LinkedIn Marra

Good networking, information and professional promotion

See a lot of guys on here promoting themselves and networking - it's good

I am not on Linkedin but will look into it. I am a member of a trade group. We meet weekly for breakfast and pass each other work.

Ohhhh Breakfast!

I'm in!

Seriously though - who organises these sorts of events? Are the like local things?

Cliquey events? Invite only? Or open door policy?

I'm on it , joined up years ago but rarely go on it. I found it's a pain with tossers getting in touch trying to sell stuff.
That and what imago has said, were usually booked up so don't need or want more projects, or firms you've never heard off sending tenders to us with no bill of quants and probably sending them out to 7 different rendering outfits.

Ohhhh Breakfast!

I'm in!

Seriously though - who organises these sorts of events? Are the like local things?

Cliquey events? Invite only? Or open door policy?
Sounds like bni to me,not that I'm ever been, only had a few invites, and my neighbour was telling me about it. One day a week breakfast at the crack of dawn, people have to refer jobs to others, if you can't provide leads after 3 occasion i think they boot you. Google it there's a fair few rants about them

Sorry for replying late. No it's not BNI. It's called networking4u and is more causal than BNI which is really strict and seems like a scam. I was invited to the local chapter of BNI but decided against joining after reading negative things online. It would be a good thread?

Sorry for replying late. No it's not BNI. It's called networking4u and is more causal than BNI which is really strict and seems like a scam. I was invited to the local chapter of BNI but decided against joining after reading negative things online. It would be a good thread?
What's different to the one you go to? Is it free? Is it once a week? Do you have to pay for breakfast? Is there a monthly charge? If you don't turn up do you have to send someone in your place? And most important do you have to recommend strangers for jobs? :)

What's different to the one you go to? Is it free? Is it once a week? Do you have to pay for breakfast? Is there a monthly charge? If you don't turn up do you have to send someone in your place? And most important do you have to recommend strangers for jobs? :)
You sound like who's been and done it lol

It's more relaxed than that. A lot of the members like myself are also members of Clash of Steel and Ormsheim historical reenactment groups so although their are sit down meetings you do not miss out if you don't attend as you meet up regularly elsewhere.

It's more relaxed than that. A lot of the members like myself are also members of Clash of Steel and Ormsheim historical reenactment groups so although their are sit down meetings you do not miss out if you don't attend as you meet up regularly elsewhere.
So apart from dressing up it's pretty much how I described it? Xx

I use to go to a local business lunch thing once a month... use to drive me crazy... had to listen to a number of people talk absolute pish... I use to stand up and say I have nothing to sell I am just here for the beer and the chatter :D Had more people want to talk to me and made more sales :D

No I am a bit like @theclemo where I try and talk myself out of the work :D