Luton body van with talelift

Members online

theclemo

Private Member
Any of you machine lads use one. Or not even a machine platerers. I think it could be handy. I hate lifting the machine and generator and cement mixer in the van in the morning on my own. Plus plenty of room for tools and materials.

Theres some asian chappies that work in my street some time doing plastering,extensions,ground works, guttering, removals etc you know the sorts. They have one and to be fair its kitted out great they've got shelves top to mid way down then a work bench and draws

This has crossed my mind as well. No side door for the theives and an awkward back door.

Loads of room and a tail lift.

Bad side? A lot of faffing about when you want to get something out of the back of the van.

This has crossed my mind as well. No side door for the theives and an awkward back door.

Loads of room and a tail lift.

Bad side? A lot of faffing about when you want to get something out of the back of the van.
Yes John that's the only thing that I can think of putting me off. I never used one. I wonder how long it takes to get the lift down and open the door. It would probably drive me mad.

I have a little 12v ATV winch bolted in behind the bulkhead and good pair of ramps, the winch has a wireless remote so if I have too I can load on my own, seems to work for us.

I have a little 12v ATV winch bolted in behind the bulkhead and good pair of ramps, the winch has a wireless remote so if I have too I can load on my own, seems to work for us.
I've seen that b4. Clever bit slow tho. I was just thinking of getting machine and generator on the lift in one go.

I have a drop side and either need a winch or a mini crane. On my own now and not going to attempt to load on ramps on my own.

Got a sprinter with tail lift, use this to get everything big to the job then use my other van to get back and for and take the sprinter on last day to get my gear and chuck the waste on.
i used to have a hiab lift aswell to lift ton bags of crap on and the big machine. The tail lift is easier to load machines so may look fo a hiab aswell to fit to it one day.

One of my mates had a transit luton and whilst being handy he said it was expensive to run and a waste as it wasnt full most the time.

The towable site office is also handy. Its secure enough to leave your gear, a tidy place to store stuff and have a brew.

Might see if I can hire one for a week. Could be the best way to see if it works out. I wonder would it cost much to rent for a week

Got a sprinter with tail lift, use this to get everything big to the job then use my other van to get back and for and take the sprinter on last day to get my gear and chuck the waste on.
i used to have a hiab lift aswell to lift ton bags of crap on and the big machine. The tail lift is easier to load machines so may look fo a hiab aswell to fit to it one day.

One of my mates had a transit luton and whilst being handy he said it was expensive to run and a waste as it wasnt full most the time.

The towable site office is also handy. Its secure enough to leave your gear, a tidy place to store stuff and have a brew.
I can't afford 2 vans lol. I was thinking of a trailer just for the machine and generator and hoses. Just put it on and off u go. Just like a diesel machine ;) I do have to pick men up in the morning. So end up putting the machine in the van on my own in the morning. I like the sound of a towable site office

I got a Towavan trailer with lockable roller shutter door. when i was a one van man i used to leave that on job all locked up with a trailer and wheel lock. handy at the time. i use it to store stuff now up the yard but will flog it soon

I got a Towavan trailer with lockable roller shutter door. when i was a one van man i used to leave that on job all locked up with a trailer and wheel lock. handy at the time. i use it to store stuff now up the yard but will flog it soon
Have u a picture Ian.

When I have G5 and generator,I had a boxed trailer . Worked perfectly back door folded down like a big ramp and I wheeled it in one man, I kept everything in there to do with machine made life easy [emoji106]