Magnetic wall art

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is a teacher so I can get the e mail address of every head teacher in nottinghamshire....got to be some money in magnetic for primary schools.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ has just popped into my heed now. Think I'll be doing some research on this product now. No one near me is doing it so think it could bring in some coin this year. What's it like putting on and setting times.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€ has just popped into my heed now. Think I'll be doing some research on this product now. No one near me is doing it so think it could bring in some coin this year. What's it like putting on and setting times.
Just the same as normal multie but more expensive :)

Just the same as normal multie but more expensive :)

Do ya charge extra for using this product because of what it can do or just charge labor price as normal.

How often does it get used over there. TBH I've never seen it or even heard of it until I joined here. Here in Ireland and esp over west where I am, were always last to take to new products. I've yet to even see anyone do the marble effect plaster here and that's been out years.

Do ya charge extra for using this product because of what it can do or just charge labor price as normal.

How often does it get used over there. TBH I've never seen it or even heard of it until I joined here. Here in Ireland and esp over west where I am, were always last to take to new products. I've yet to even see anyone do the marble effect plaster here and that's been out years.
I could speak to ten plasterers over here and they haven't heard of it so even though it's been out over a year it's still a new product. It's up to you what you charge the same with anything else but could be a nice little earner for one wall and an easy day. This product will get you into schools and child centres to do the plastering and once kids want it it will lead to other work.

Worth you dropping them an email to say you are interested in installation of it.

In terms of prices for labour you should in my opinion be charging a premium for installation as Flynnyman says same as multi to spread but you have to gain a thickness of 3-6mm which takes longer than normal plaster to acheive plus cleaning up on some jobs if you are not doing on new build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah gonna be one of my first orders of business.....i knew the wife would come in handy for something eventually.

I could speak to ten plasterers over here and they haven't heard of it so even though it's been out over a year it's still a new product. It's up to you what you charge the same with anything else but could be a nice little earner for one wall and an easy day. This product will get you into schools and child centres to do the plastering and once kids want it it will lead to other work.

:frenetico: Saville style :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.