1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Microcement Advice

Discussion in 'General Marble Plastering Discussions' started by DEHplastering, Nov 13, 2017.

1. DEHplastering

DEHplastering New Member

Evening all.

Been offered the chance to do a 30sqm floor at a mate's house with KCberry microcement traffic. He is well aware that I have never used it but seems to have faith in me!! Got my head around basecoats but can't find any info on technique for top coat.

Do you need to keep a wet edge? Does trowel technique have big effect on finish? Am I just a crazy chancer?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. zolco

zolco Private Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. plas1

plas1 Active Member

Thanks for mention mate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. plas1

plas1 Active Member

just sent you a pm mate.I personally wouldn't attempt a 30m2 floor as it will cost you abit to rectify.£1200 ish materials.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CeeVee

CeeVee Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks for the mention.
    Nowhere near as well practised as the other guys but I was taught to work from wet onto dry.
    Also try to get any trowel marks or lines out of your base coat ie. needs to be mint.

Get yourself some mdf boards and have a good practice.

As @plas1 says...a 30m floor is huge for a beginner...

• Like Like x 4
  6. RobJack

RobJack Private Member

I agree. If you haven' had a go before you will probably struggle. It would be like spraying k rend to a gable when you haven't rendered a day in your life. I do a lot of Venetian and micro cement but never tried rendering full on. As said, have a go on a sample board to see how the wet coat reacts with the initial dry coat. See how you achieve the trowel lines and contours. Floors are more difficult than walls . This said, you don't know what your capable of until you try. Down side is, you won' get paid for your time if you make a hash of it and your mate will have to fork out for materials again. Would be worth getting someone with experiece local to you to do it but you tag along and learn on the job.

• Like Like x 2