Might sound strange

JustJosh

First of all hello to all

I'll start off by saying I am very new to plastering. Needed a drastic career change and decided I really wanted to try my hand at plastering.
I completed a 1 week Intense course and felt pretty good that I was ok at plastering obviously need a lot of practice still but ok nonetheless.
Here's where i am struggling.
I attempted my first proper 8 x 4 ceiling yesterday and crashed and burned heavily. Reason being everytime I did about a quarter of the ceiling if that and started to feel very nauseous and could no longer continue. The nauseous feeling continued for a couple of hours after.
Obviously I'm absolutely gutted as I have no idea what happened and feel really disappointed with myself. Just curious has anyone experienced anything like this or is it just a case maybe I'm just not cut out for it. I really dont want to give up as I really enjoy plastering and it's a great feeling when you complete a job. I just don't think I can get away with being a plasterer who can only do walls. Any help or advice would be most appreciated and apologies its such a long winded thread. Cheers Josh

Did you have breakfast? If you can't hold you hands above your head you might wanna go doctors or something.

Failing that maybe your not cut out for hard work?

Yep arms are fine a struggle at first but can push through that.
It just seems to be after a while of looking up. Hopefully was just an off day but curious as to whether someone had experienced this before.

I no this might sound a little over the top buy I would still get checked you may have diabetes.. get your blood checked may have been a diabetic coma.
Your body crying for sugar or food.

Yes doctor first and foremost get the bloods done only telling you cos the mrs is a nurse don't take any risks bud they can control it though and you be able to carry on with your trowel(y)

No. Never had that feeling. Get really tired these days though as won't be long and I'll be 50. Go get yourself looked at, if all fine then have another go. Make sure you deck room out well so you can get easy access and maybe get yourself down the gym to get your fitness levels up. I go swimming twice a week because if I never, I could not do my job. It is really hard work

First of all hello to all

I'll start off by saying I am very new to plastering. Needed a drastic career change and decided I really wanted to try my hand at plastering.
I completed a 1 week Intense course and felt pretty good that I was ok at plastering obviously need a lot of practice still but ok nonetheless.
Here's where i am struggling.
I attempted my first proper 8 x 4 ceiling yesterday and crashed and burned heavily. Reason being everytime I did about a quarter of the ceiling if that and started to feel very nauseous and could no longer continue. The nauseous feeling continued for a couple of hours after.
Obviously I'm absolutely gutted as I have no idea what happened and feel really disappointed with myself. Just curious has anyone experienced anything like this or is it just a case maybe I'm just not cut out for it. I really dont want to give up as I really enjoy plastering and it's a great feeling when you complete a job. I just don't think I can get away with being a plasterer who can only do walls. Any help or advice would be most appreciated and apologies its such a long winded thread. Cheers Josh
Sorry to read that , someone told me once there is an official condition you described when looking up or raising arm above head etc I'll ring my painter mate he told me what it was at minute I can't remember it, saying that though plastering kills you while getting used to the work even today I got sunburnt too working outside tbh well pissed off I have had to cancel appointments for my massage and pedicures tonight ffs

Sorry to read that , someone told me once there is an official condition you described when looking up or raising arm above head etc I'll ring my painter mate he told me what it was at minute I can't remember it, saying that though plastering kills you while getting used to the work even today I got sunburnt too working outside tbh well pissed off I have had to cancel appointments for my massage and pedicures tonight ffs
Vertigo. Balance problems maybe?

Sorry to read that , someone told me once there is an official condition you described when looking up or raising arm above head etc I'll ring my painter mate he told me what it was at minute I can't remember it

It's called waving

I'd say 80% sure, that's vertigo.

Other 20% I'd say a virus type of thing that comes and goes.

An old boy I knew had it.

It's an in balance of fluid in the ears mate anyone can suffer with it probably good idea to see doctors apparently diet changes can also help

Minieres disease maybe too ?

Does it feel like really bad motion sickness that passes fairly quickly (15 min) after you stop and comes back just as quickly when you continue? If so, I can't remember what it is called but it's not that uncommon and there is no way around it except near constant breaks.

I remember seeing people experiencing this in IT when looking at certain stuff (even some screen savers lol) on computer screens.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Does it feel like really bad motion sickness that passes fairly quickly (15 min) after you stop and comes back just as quickly when you continue? If so, I can't remember what it is called but it's not that uncommon and there is no way around it except near constant breaks.

I remember seeing people experiencing this in IT when looking at certain stuff (even some screen savers lol) on computer screens.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Just go to the doctors!