Multi on sand cement??

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds a bit dodgy that, fall off the wall in a couple of months if there's no suction on the wall.

just set it the day after when its gone off and still green, don't make it too strong qwith cement and it wont crack. 6-1-1
have you ever heard of this happening ?????????????

spose it depends what kind of imternal s'c your doing, the bloke who made the thread was asking about using sand cement instead of hardwall (i think) i never worked with anyone who put waterproofer in s'c internal for float and set, if your talking about damp proofing 1.2 metres that's maybe a different story.

thats the whole point of the devil float (to provide a key) dont think i have ever heard of the finish falling off a s&c wall because of lack of suction... ,,ray i take it the 6-1-1 is with lime,, anybody else use lime when floating inside???????

More houses in the uk done this way ,then hardwall ,only been hardwall for 15 ish years ? say no more

Always put waterproofer in my internal float. Do the whole house then fall back to set it.
Spraying Hardwall for the first time ever for me next week, helping my old gaffer out on a couple of jobs here and there.

Prefer skimming s&c more than hardwall you get a lovely finish on both but the s&c with waterproofer hangs around longer so you can get more mtrs on! More mtrs more money!

why would you put waterproofer on internal sand cement? me no understandy.

As the post above said. It does not suck too much moisture away from the multi so you can lay on much more without a panic and cover more meterage with bigger sets. Every plasterer I know does the same. Cabish?

I put a touchbof waterproofer in my internal s/c work to help with suction same as some of you guys. Also depending on the size of the walls i find board finish goes off a bit quicker and doesnt hang as bad multi (time of year also a factor too) i tend to leave it at least couple of days before skimming but i know afew who skim next day (not for me mind) id rather play it safe than risk a nasty phone call few month afterward?? :RpS_thumbup:

I have had to do this in many houses built in 1930's just to bring them level before finishing with a top coat of carlite bonding then skimming afterwards. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.