Multi Price

StanSpread

Hey guys how much and where do you all get your multi from? I hear you can negotiate with TP if you can find it cheaper so want to go in with some ammo. Cheers

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Tp and Jew sons, had a massive argument in Jew sons today when I got charged £3:60 for a 2.4m thin coat stop bead, was going to pull the cnt over the counter

Hey guys how much and where do you all get your multi from? I hear you can negotiate with TP if you can find it cheaper so want to go in with some ammo. Cheers

Sign on as trade with wickes multi is 5.37 and you get 10% trade discount so about £4.80 all in

Yeah wickes or B&B trade point are generally cheapest around a fiver a bag. TP............ oh them lot I literally have no time for them, have to barter everything on price

That's nothing I went to travis for one stop bead and she said £7.

I replied I only want one and she said yeah. I said well you can keep that.

She then went oh hang on I can do it for £2.

Don't use them anymore!

It will have to be TP for me here so I'll ask for it at that price cheers lads

If you absolutely must use Travis Perkins, the only way you'll get any success is to go into the branch and talk to them. If you can build up a rapport with the branch staff you'll be OK (mostly) for discounts.

To be honest they're garbage as a merchants generally. They've been sh1t for years and treated people badly, bumping prices, failed deliveries, changing specs without letting you know etc. etc. then recently they tried to blame Brexit for their loss of trade.

What really pisses me off is that every member of staff on the check out, except junior, can discount our stuff but they try there hardest not to. They still get paid the same no matter what discounts they give out but they'd rather we payed into the big shareholders new yachts! Always remember when you negotiate that the person your talking to can discount it no problem, it's just a tap on the computer for them. Be nice at first then if your not getting anywhere pull the cnts over the counter.

Yeah wickes or B&B trade point are generally cheapest around a fiver a bag. TP............ oh them lot I literally have no time for them, have to barter everything on price
Set up your terms with a decent merchant
I get good prices from jewsons
f**k queuing up with the diy'ers at b&q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you absolutely must use Travis Perkins, the only way you'll get any success is to go into the branch and talk to them. If you can build up a rapport with the branch staff you'll be OK (mostly) for discounts.

To be honest they're garbage as a merchants generally. They've been sh1t for years and treated people badly, bumping prices, failed deliveries, changing specs without letting you know etc. etc. then recently they tried to blame Brexit for their loss of trade.
Yeah mate unfortunately I have to use them I live in Cornwall and have to cross a river on a car ferry or pay extortionate delivery costs. The local builders merchants charge 7 quid a bag! Got them down to £5.30 a bag today including tax. just need to negotiate boards. Beads and things I'll just bulk buy. Think I'll take in a packet of hob nobs once in a while ;) cheers dude!

Location has a lot to do with it, when I asked the parex rep why none of the merchants would give me prices I've saw on here he said it's the cost of moving the stuff to Scotland. He said further north you go in Scotland they start paying more as it costs them more to send lorries there. Wither he was pulling my tinkle or telling the truth I don't know

Yeah mate unfortunately I have to use them I live in Cornwall and have to cross a river on a car ferry or pay extortionate delivery costs. The local builders merchants charge 7 quid a bag! Got them down to £5.30 a bag today including tax. just need to negotiate boards. Beads and things I'll just bulk buy. Think I'll take in a packet of hob nobs once in a while ;) cheers dude!

I used them on a job in Devon for the same reasons. If you're going to use them a fair bit open a credit account with them, which is what I did. That way you can argue the prices when you collect the gear, then you can get the price set on your account and it'll stay that way as long as you keep an eye on them.

Wickes is usually quicker to get in and out then a lot of merchants, is annoying double handing the hood though. I didn't even have a van to sign up as trade, think a letterhead or business card will do.

I used them on a job in Devon for the same reasons. If you're going to use them a fair bit open a credit account with them, which is what I did. That way you can argue the prices when you collect the gear, then you can get the price set on your account and it'll stay that way as long as you keep an eye on them.
And you do have to keep an eye on them lol

You got a wickes in cornwall?

Am not even sure what am paying a bag tbh. I have an account in my local merchant. I just call in and shut I've 10 bags of skim and drive off. They just put it on to my account and I get the bill evey 2 months. My mate go's in some days and gets s**t on my account. I got a bill once for 32000 lol 1200 of it was mine. To be fair he was building his house and I told him he could use it.

Reactions: Pug