Newby

Itsshreck

hi guys hope I am in the correct place if not please advice were I should post this

My question is this
I am currently in spain and I have built an extension out of steel and externally OSB board I have set everything up to do it the traditional English way
but as I am fast learning that is not always the right way due to cost and getting the correct materials

So I have noticed that the spanish plaster straight over the OSB board with a mesh impregnated in the plaster
but before they do that they use one sort of
Coating I think it's SBR styrene butadiene rubber with some fine sand in it

Any one got any idea if I am right or can point me in the right direction ?

Thanks everyone

hi guys hope I am in the correct place if not please advice were I should post this

My question is this
I am currently in spain and I have built an extension out of steel and externally OSB board I have set everything up to do it the traditional English way
but as I am fast learning that is not always the right way due to cost and getting the correct materials

So I have noticed that the spanish plaster straight over the OSB board with a mesh impregnated in the plaster
but before they do that they use one sort of
Coating I think it's SBR styrene butadiene rubber with some fine sand in it

Any one got any idea if I am right or can point me in the right direction ?

Thanks everyone
Get yourself sika latex and mix with sand and cement to create slurry .

If you got a Bigmat near you they do a pretty good grip primer I've used to in 5 or 10 kg tubs made by mapei I think

Hi thanks for reply nothing like that around here the stuff they use looks like a pva with sand in it

That you apply to the bare surface of the wood so you have got something to key to