No more handball!!!!

Members online

dieselpower

Well, that's the last handball job I'm doing!! To old for that s**t now, gonna raid the kids piggy bank and get a machine, don't care if I only use it 3 times a year. How long should one man take to do this? . Enewall base coat ( which is lovely gear) and enewall scratch finish which is feckin horrible to hand apply. Other gable is same but just a window. Will take better pics once it's all tidied up..

Attachments

• 20160916_164927.jpg
    20160916_164927.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 374
  • 20160916_164908.jpg
    20160916_164908.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 342
  • 20160916_164911.jpg
    20160916_164911.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 323
I don't blame you - handballing mono is a mugs game. We get about 2 mono jobs a year so i'm not buying a machine for it, i'll bring someone in with a machine to spray for me next time.

What with being in the dark ages, don't knock me down here :) but, what I usually do is bed all my (15mm) beads on and scratch with either a base coat or s+c, then I top coat.
But is there a system where I could just stick my 15mm beads on tight, spray on a render one pass then prime and stick some top coat acrylic on leaving similar finish? Excuse my ignorance but never dealt with top coats like that..

Aye a few people do it wouldn't mind trying it out. You know yourself though it takes no time to coat and hit, the cleaning up takes longer.

What with being in the dark ages, don't knock me down here :) but, what I usually do is bed all my (15mm) beads on and scratch with either a base coat or s+c, then I top coat.
But is there a system where I could just stick my 15mm beads on tight, spray on a render one pass then prime and stick some top coat acrylic on leaving similar finish? Excuse my ignorance but never dealt with top coats like that..

Done it and doing it now. Spraying ocr 9mm ish then mesh, then 6mm ruled flat and rubbed up.

Some walls will need a pre rend of sort and will kill suction so a risk of slideing, rippleing and bulging but no different to doing mono in 2 passes in one go. 4mm mesh doesn't help, find bigger mesh if you can.

Patience is required so pace the two passes out. Let dry out then prime and coat.

Done it and doing it now. Spraying ocr 9mm ish then mesh, then 6mm ruled flat and rubbed up.

Some walls will need a pre rend of sort and will kill suction so a risk of slideing, rippleing and bulging but no different to doing mono in 2 passes in one go. 4mm mesh doesn't help, find bigger mesh if you can.

Patience is required so pace the two passes out. Let dry out then prime and coat.

Thanks Rigsby, will try and get my act together as I may have a guinea pig to try it with. It will be onto new block work, should I go to someone and get a proper spec or is there a system you or anyone would recommend? Thanks..

Weber OCR in one coat then silicone acrylic over the top, done loads looks spot on, got to be careful withthe weather though if it gets rained on within 24 hours it's f*cked.