Plasterboarding ceilings

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your noggins need to pick up the edge of the board all the way along

I have a glass of wine at the moment, about to attempt damage limitation:) Is it possible, that having halved the load bearing on the 1200 length to 600 and braced the perimeter either side of the 600 middle noggin. I have done sufficient to support a 15mm board?

I've just been on Ebay and bought a sheet lifter, in anticipation of your answer! - But I would prefer to do it properly as with 61 feet still to do I may as well do it all the right way. Thanks.

What you have done seems ok but they need to be continuous supporting the whole board, not sure about the course of bricks through the blockwork though BC round my way don't allow that, cold spot but don't worry it wont fall down.

What you have done seems ok but they need to be continuous supporting the whole board, not sure about the course of bricks through the blockwork though BC round my way don't allow that, cold spot but don't worry it wont fall down.

BC OK with brick work, As its only allowed to be 4mt height in total, the brick work was to bring ceiling up to 8ft. - Un - bloody - believable but they measured the outside and it came in at 4002mm :RpS_w00t: you can imagine the relief.!

it is however 3kn blockwork inside.100mm insulation 7.5kn outside blockwork. 50mm latting and 25+mm waney edge outside.... Cold spot? She's as warm as toast. (Well not at the mo, but she will be)....

Having had a couple of glasses, I realise the logic in the perimeter noggins, so not upset, and ready to start again tomoz.

I really am so very grateful for everyones input. Thank you so very much:RpS_thumbsup:

Building inspectors on domestic stuff around here allow engineers with 3kn/7kn blockwork just not with thermos. On site it has to be concrete bricks with the 3kn/7kn.
I reckon those noggins will do enough for what your doing certainly take some of the movement out anyway. I'm guessing you aren't using a chopsaw? That does speed it up a bit! The evolution rage ones aren't bad tools for the money for jobs round the house only about £90 and always some second hand on gumtree and the like from about £50!

The bricks are commons.

We think we'll go for the 15mm plasterboard.. the white book says we need less noggins, (I'll make sure we cover in full the perimeter) so since we don't fully understand what we're doing. And we really like the plasterer who will eventually plaster it. (He's a perfectionist stuck on site till after xmas) We think we'll play safe and put the stronger board up... I was really hesitant about using the 15mm because we cannot get a delivery/pick up close to our door. Hubby and I have to walk everything over a foot bridge..

It's not much heavier than 12.5.

We think we've worked it out as another 2 bags of sugar in weight! Its gonna be a sweet carry over.

We will put in more noggins, tried to send british Gypsum the above photos----- It appears though I'm a nobody:RpS_confused: can't respond to their email without co name, address etc. etc. etc. I was hoping I'd be able to post a definitive for future idiots:RpS_biggrin: but alas BG don't allow us commoners!

Really truly grateful for all you help. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.