plastering job in kent

Hi im moving down to folkestone is there any local firms looking for a decent plasterer or could anyone point me in the right direction ? cheers matt

Try Bagleys in Ashford or Lilley plasterers when I lived in sand gate I stuck to domestic and got in with a few builders although be wary come the winter months the coastal people are like a community and being seen as an outsider doesn't help plus people work for peanuts in Folkestone in only speaking from what I had to go through I drove to London everyday only 50 mins up the m20

thanks for the info i work for a company and have been with them for a few years garenteed 7 days if you want it im up in nottingham my girlfriends moved back to her parents in sandgate for a new job ive got to find a good company to work for before i make the move down i do mf ceilings,metal stud,skimming.dot and dab etc

I can certainly point you in the right direction and that direction is right were you are now in Nottingham, trust me I have followed a bit of skirt myself around the country and always ended up back at home lol. Save yourself the heartache time and more importantly money stay put.

I can certainly point you in the right direction and that direction is right were you are now in Nottingham, trust me I have followed a bit of skirt myself around the country and always ended up back at home lol. Save yourself the heartache time and more importantly money stay put.
Nottingham is ace...thats why me and @theplasterman live there

I was driving over 800 miles a week from there to work and back it was a good weekend lifestyle but only on a Sunday cos I was bolloxed on Saturday many of the firms there go into London and basically you don't wanna be there have a word with Bagleys they might have something not so far other than that go round the sites in Ashford loads of new builds going up and cos of the high speed train into London I would think they will be building for a while I'm back in London now heard there is a bit of gold I missed so coming back to claim it then I shall be retiring not bad for a smelly fat plasterer I say

Folkestone ain't but there are better places along the coast like sandgate or Hythe that's where the money is but I think they are referring to Nottingham I'm pretty sure it's one of the gun capitals of England no wonder lodan was crapping himself over that wifi box thing bloke probably had a gun

i do loads in New Romney ,but its a closed shop ,as they all married their sisters so it stays in the family

i do loads in New Romney ,but its a closed shop ,as they all married their sisters so it stays in the family
It's a tough one to crack I was in with a few builders mainly summer months once into November December January that's when you find out how tough it is not being a local down there I got many friends down there but when you go to pubs you soon find out these people are born there live there and die there London is around 50 miles from there and some have never even been it's like a little bubble

It's a tough one to crack I was in with a few builders mainly summer months once into November December January that's when you find out how tough it is not being a local down there I got many friends down there but when you go to pubs you soon find out these people are born there live there and die there London is around 50 miles from there and some have never even been it's like a little bubble
Grimsby is similar it's a closed shop, there is a connection with everyone one its f**k**g weird.

Grimsby is similar it's a closed shop, there is a connection with everyone one its f**k**g weird.
Coastal towns are like that I would of stayed longer but with a young family the travelling was killing me think once your in its alright but it takes a while to get a foot in

Hi im moving down to folkestone is there any local firms looking for a decent plasterer or could anyone point me in the right direction ? cheers matt
All the best , big move starting out in a new town... Pity your Mrs don't stay up Notts as you sorted for work.

All the best , big move starting out in a new town... Pity your Mrs don't stay up Notts as you sorted for work.
I'm coming Nottingham that's where it's at even brought a flat cap and a steam powered mixer just the horse and cart to go

Coastal towns are like that I would of stayed longer but with a young family the travelling was killing me think once your in its alright but it takes a while to get a foot in
I took advantage of the fact it's not what you know who you know mentality by getting a head start online, I think there was one plasterers website when I moved here now there are 20 maybe. I forget I have a different accent until someone points it out and I don't ever think they will get my sense of humour ;)

I took advantage of the fact it's not what you know who you know mentality by getting a head start online, I think there was one plasterers website when I moved here now there are 20 maybe. I forget I have a different accent until someone points it out and I don't ever think they will get my sense of humour ;)
Yeah the accent thing is funny once they hear you speak the eyebrows raise and it's like the pitch forks will be out I loved the coastal way of life but it was a grind so drove into London everyday maybe one day I will give it a go again but seems you had the head start

Yeah the accent thing is funny once they hear you speak the eyebrows raise and it's like the pitch forks will be out I loved the coastal way of life but it was a grind so drove into London everyday maybe one day I will give it a go again but seems you had the head start
This is weird I in Sandbanks this week been looking around at all the sea front manner's getting done up (loads of render and plastering) thinking would love to be living round here,working but when I speak to locals they look down there noses at me with my northern accent also see on the builders signage seems there only 2 company's that have all the jobs .. Made me think I not got bad deal really where I live already..wouldn't mind one of these places though
WP_20160821_10_55_55_Pro.jpg

1. This is weird I in Sandbanks this week been looking around at all the sea front manner's getting done up (loads of render and plastering) thinking would love to be living round here,working but when I speak to locals they look down there noses at me with my northern accent also see on the builders signage seems there only 2 company's that have all the jobs .. Made me think I not got bad deal really where I live already..wouldn't mind one of these places though
    View attachment 13355
    Always good when your on holiday like abroad always think if I could go for it I would love it but the reality is it would be hard to make it work and fair play to the ones who have made it work