Plastertrician

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29624

I'm always getting asked to add or move sockets when I'm quoting rooms, or install down lights or move existing lights so now booked on to a 6 week course to be a domestic installer in January. Its enough for you to be able to sign your own work off so thought it would be nice bolt on. Anyone else done anything like this, or any experience with it . I want to sleep in the van again but not sure if the wife is going to let me:)

I'm always getting asked to add or move sockets when I'm quoting rooms, or install down lights or move existing lights so now booked on to a 6 week course to be a domestic installer in January. Its enough for you to be able to sign your own work off so thought it would be nice bolt on. Anyone else done anything like this, or any experience with it . I want to sleep in the van again but not sure if the wife is going to let me:)
Good idea I'm sure it will more than pay for itself, I think you should definitely sleep in the van again! It was that post about you drinking in the back of your van freezing cold that tickles me, I can just picture it :lol:

There are cheaper ways of doing it...just depends if you have a good working knowledge of the practical side already. Go for it if you have the dosh, as the ability to do other works without having to schedule another trade in is a massive plus.

Good idea I'm sure it will more than pay for itself, I think you should definitely sleep in the van again! It was that post about you drinking in the back of your van freezing cold that tickles me, I can just picture it :lol:
Was a true story....in a lay by

You can leave the all the cables hanging out of everywhere a foot while screaming "skim round them ya cuuntt ", then cut the them off really short and fill all the back boxes up with plaster while shouting "hope you've got a metal detector dickhead".
(y)

Your be leaving long cables out of sockets leaving tail ends everywhere and will then have a right moan til you realise it was you who actually left them like that lol

You can leave the all the cables hanging out of everywhere a foot while screaming "skim round them ya cuuntt ", then cut the them off really short and fill all the back boxes up with plaster while shouting "hope you've got a metal detector dickhead".
(y)
Read my mind

Might be an idea to invest in one of these our sparky would be lost without his.
2017-10-05_22.24.40.jpg

Been doing electrics for years but it helps having an electrician at the end of the phone. First fix is a piece of piss, second fix not too bad apart from two way lighting can get confusing. I've never connected upto or changed a consumer unit. What kind of qualification will you get is it part p?

Been doing electrics for years but it helps having an electrician at the end of the phone. First fix is a piece of piss, second fix not too bad apart from two way lighting can get confusing. I've never connected upto or changed a consumer unit. What kind of qualification will you get is it part p?
Yes part p and pass the test for NICEIC, still need to pay £500 membership but pass what's needed to self certify

I think your mad, all good to things start going wrong and you've only been doing it 6 weeks and havnt a clue.

Stick to trying to be good a what you know instead of trying to make extra cash doing other folks jobs . That's why we have apprenticeships for each trade.

My area is surrounded by handymen who do all these courses and think they are tradesmen clueless.

I'm probably well old fashioned and wouldn't touch anything else even if I could. But that's just my opinion.

And never once has someone asked me to move a socket or a light in 12 years probably cause I have plasterer on the van

I think your mad, all good to things start going wrong and you've only been doing it 6 weeks and havnt a clue.

Stick to trying to be good a what you know instead of trying to make extra cash doing other folks jobs . That's why we have apprenticeships for each trade.

My area is surrounded by handymen who do all these courses and think they are tradesmen clueless.

I'm probably well old fashioned and wouldn't touch anything else even if I could. But that's just my opinion.

And never once has someone asked me to move a socket or a light in 12 years probably cause I have plasterer on the van
Lol, cheer mate I'll take that on board

Yes part p and pass the test for NICEIC, still need to pay £500 membership but pass what's needed to self certify
Part p is only a testing certificate are you going to get anything else or training on fitting rather than testing?

Yeh I did domestic installer about 10 years at college did that n passed the part p course that's routine but I passed the 2392 course over a 2 day intensive course which is a bitch I think it's a 2394 now but Niceic Napit etc looked that more favourably to take u on

fair play lodan :D a step into the darkside that I have also looked at :D

Anyone who has been on site for a while can tell when a wire is missing it's that simple :) it's always made out to be complicated but it's not really, but it's not simple :) it's very difficult being a plasterer saying you know anything else that involves a brain to customers, never been a problem from the plumbers or sparks but mainly joiners who take the rains. There has always been a right and left wing side of the building industry and its funny our main Tory @gps never made it as a spark and never accepted his role in the left as a plasterer :)

Anyone else want to come out of the closet? I've been upfront from day 1 on here :D

With regards to building trades of course!! :D

I'm a qualified plasterer and do everything else :) I can turn my hand to most things and at a better level than most them trades who are in it, no different from 99 % of plasterers ;)

Don’t they say self praise is no praise ?

Part p is only a testing certificate are you going to get anything else or training on fitting rather than testing?
There other stuff on it, I'll post the link up after work, can't remember all the city and guild modules think there is 6 or 7

I've jacked plastering and now work with 25,000 volts, best thing I ever did.

still like plastering so not looking to jack it just yet, just thought would be a good add on and a nice change sometimes. Good that you like the new career(y)

Im a Plasterpenter. I've done two years retraining as a carpenter, not sure about where you live but round here it's about £60/70 per socket to move!
Go for it, you seem a pretty switched on bloke (pardon the pun)

Im a Plasterpenter. I've done two years retraining as a carpenter, not sure about where you live but round here it's about £60/70 per socket to move!
Go for it, you seem a pretty switched on bloke (pardon the pun)
Sorry for the dislike, fat finger syndrome