Plastertrician

• Thread starter Deleted member 29624
  • Start date

Members online

Been doing electrics for years but it helps having an electrician at the end of the phone. First fix is a piece of piss, second fix not too bad apart from two way lighting can get confusing. I've never connected upto or changed a consumer unit. What kind of qualification will you get is it part p?
Plastering is confusing for you reading some of your posts on here :coffe:

I sent you that in confidence

..and this one. You can hardly see the wire [emoji15]

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1507287965.272418.jpg

@Lodan - Learn the 'Ohms Law' electrical equation before you go on your course and things will make more sense. Get an electrical meter (Fluke) and learn how to use one - that ties into Ohms Law, buy some two core & earth and some three core and earth (that bit is for you @flynnyman helps with the strappers in two & three way switching), then practice stripping the conductors. Electrical is all double-Dutch too me.
IMG_6210.PNG

Have upset many a spark and plumber down the years with one statement, you can buy a b&q you can do it book and wire or plumb a house quite easily if you follow the instructions but, try plastering or laying a brick after reading a book and see what happens.

@Lodan - Learn the 'Ohms Law' electrical equation before you go on your course and things will make more sense. Get an electrical meter (Fluke) and learn how to use one - that ties into Ohms Law, buy some two core & earth and some three core and earth (that bit is for you @flynnyman helps with the strappers in two & three way switching), then practice stripping the conductors. Electrical is all double-Dutch too me. View attachment 19637
Thanks mate, looks complicated so I'll have a dig into it and see if I can work it out....ordered all the course books so will be giving them a study as well over the next few months

@Lodan - Learn the 'Ohms Law' electrical equation before you go on your course and things will make more sense. Get an electrical meter (Fluke) and learn how to use one - that ties into Ohms Law, buy some two core & earth and some three core and earth (that bit is for you @flynnyman helps with the strappers in two & three way switching), then practice stripping the conductors. Electrical is all double-Dutch too me. View attachment 19637
Thanks mate, looks complicated so I'll have a dig into it and see if I can work it out....ordered all the course books so will be giving them a study as well over the next few months

Lodan I did c&g level 1 &2 2 nights a week for a year on fast track course be ready for your head to explode with ohms law . Eddy currents .volt drop and a load more s.....t to be honest the practical side was easy for me but the classroom s...t you dont even need to know half of it

I couldn't be a plumber as I prefer to go home at 3 o'clock everyday smelling of money.
not sh!T and sewerage.