Plastic trowels

Members online

Thejester

Need a new trowel and I know I'm being abit slow on this but what's with the plastic finishing trowels.
What's the difference between the ones with the sponge backed and the ones without (and don't say THE SPONGE)
Are they worth the hassle

It's really personal preference, but for me, the day I use a plastic finishing trowel is the day I jack it all in....

Thanks for the links but they don't tell me what the difference are from the sponge and the non-sponge floats

the none sponge back are only available in smaller sizes up to 16" i think and they will be straighter and feel stiffer then the spongebacked version.
there all s**t make your own instead.

treat yourself to one of these bad boys.
there cheap as chips and it even comes fitted with a free handy pole attachment complete with ergonomic handle.
(y).

Screenshot_2016-12-06-21-19-55-1.png

Need a new trowel and I know I'm being abit slow on this but what's with the plastic finishing trowels.
What's the difference between the ones with the sponge backed and the ones without (and don't say THE SPONGE)
Are they worth the hassle

A plastic trowel ive played around with is the Refina plaziflex. Much more lightweight and glides across easier - I even tried it to apply plaster and the results were great, but not what it was intended for i dont think.

They don't need much water, if any, when your troweling and designed more to be much easier on the wrists even more so with the sponge backing as you don't need to apply as much pressure

A plastic trowel ive played around with is the Refina plaziflex. Much more lightweight and glides across easier - I even tried it to apply plaster and the results were great, but not what it was intended for i dont think.

They don't need much water, if any, when your troweling and designed more to be much easier on the wrists even more so with the sponge backing as you don't need to apply as much pressure

You sound a bit confused.....put your 2nd coat on first and your 1st coat on last.
And your wrist should be ok.