quickun - prepping damp walls prior to D&D

Members online

jduggy94

1904 victorian cottage, suffering from damp patches on the external walls due to an old cracked cement render. Render will be coming off and renewed but wont be able to give the full drying time for the walls, so as it stands ive taken all damp walls back to brick

And im wondering how to prepare them prior to d&d to stop any moisture coming through and tracking through the dabs

Getting conflicting arguments between S&C with a waterproofer or a tanking slurry, just looking for peoples opinions on the best option, and which product to buy

thanks

And just out of intrest, what would you reccomend in that situation as appose to D&D? Framing out or something?

1904 victorian cottage, suffering from damp patches on the external walls due to an old cracked cement render. Render will be coming off and renewed but wont be able to give the full drying time for the walls, so as it stands ive taken all damp walls back to brick

And im wondering how to prepare them prior to d&d to stop any moisture coming through and tracking through the dabs

Getting conflicting arguments between S&C with a waterproofer or a tanking slurry, just looking for peoples opinions on the best option, and which product to buy

thanks
Don't dab it you might get cold spots get a plasterer to render it or maybe insulate it @Bauwer

Hmm i always thought S&C was the preferred way to hold back damp, havent heard much about bauwer, the house is being sold straight after being finished so im just looking for something that will hold back any issues for a length of time

Hmm i always thought S&C was the preferred way to hold back damp, havent heard much about bauwer, the house is being sold straight after being finished so im just looking for something that will hold back any issues for a length of time
So your gonna rip someone off? I suggest you visit the cowboy forum again and take their advise and I suggest anyone else on this forum either don't advise him or throw him a curveball :)

So your gonna rip someone off? I suggest you visit the cowboy forum again and take their advise and I suggest anyone else on this forum either don't advise him or throw him a curveball :)

Not looking to rip people off at all, the standard practice for damp companies is to inject the walls with chemical DPC and then S&C up to one meter, are they ripping people off? the house has suffered damp before and walls that have been sand and cemented are dry as a bone. Im just looking to do the same or similar with the other walls.

Not looking to rip people off at all, the standard practice for damp companies is to inject the walls with chemical DPC and then S&C up to one meter, are they ripping people off? the house has suffered damp before and walls that have been sand and cemented are dry as a bone. Im just looking to do the same or similar with the other walls.
Yes the damp companies are ripping people off

Well do the same what are you actually asking?