Quion stones

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

What do you all think of my stones?not the best photos, customer happy so I'm happy..
Criticism welcome but don't be to harsh!
null_zpsc50f9280.jpg

null_zps153133c4.jpg
null_zps8ea3273d.jpg
null_zps6e813c45.jpg
null_zps6989ba56.jpg
null_zps478e11cd.jpg
null_zpseca91f9a.jpg
null_zps0a953e2e.jpg
null_zps478e11cd.jpg
5.photobucket.com/albums/ac59/CalumScottBrickwork/null_zps0a953e2e.jpg[/IMG]

Canny.......................:RpS_thumbup:

Always wanted to have a shot a doing them but just never been asked for them....................:-(

Last edited:
Nice mate :RpS_thumbup: thanks for posting , takes balls to post your work
@beddy i knew you had this the wrong way round...............its not posting pictures of ya balls at work.........................:rolleyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
do you use a leavel when ur scratching thats very picky

He asked for polite Criticism. Nothing serious, been a thread about it earlier on in the year so more joking than criticising.

Been some more pics put up since I first looked and yes very impressive. Well done!

My son is helping me. Maybe in the coming week. The last chapter has me about 4m away. Hard to hear what I am saying, a bit disappointed.

I don't like my own voice or my pictures being taken. No one has a picture of me socially only work pics for my own use. Not had a family photo for maybe 20 years I am always holding the camera. So this is something I thought I would never do. But hey, only 10 years away from my state pension so who cares!

If you dont mind having a geordie accent i could voice over for you..............................:RpS_wink:

No wonder so many youtube vids don't have live voices. I have a broad Sheffield accent, a proper dee dar, but I am speaking posh on this one so people can understand me ( I hope). But once it is there it is there. After all the sh!t I have took on the cabs I think I can take criticism of my voice.

Going to do some more in the coming year.

Looks good to me. Do you use a stop bead or bell cast bead at the bottom of the wall.
Is that a stop bead/expansion bead going up the wall parralell with the quoins?

What mix was your wet dash, it looks good

Thanks guys, much appreciated..nice when joe bloggs says it's good but when fellow tradesmen say it's ok it means a lot!! @cooptaza, yeah 20mm bell cast at bottom. Yes it's an expansion bead parallel with quoins to be hidden by down pipes and mix was 3 chips(6mm granite) 2 sand, 1 cement.. Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you do the both sides in one go without a batten or straight edge on the corner especially on a drop of over 5 metres surely you would damage the arris when cutting out the joints I have looked at the forum on how to do the quoins but still cant think of doing it that way of putting the battens top and bottom you would need a 5m straight edge to screed off etc or am I reading it wrong as I do it one side at a time with batten either side of quoin which is easier to screed off and float up and then you got a neat straight arris to work to when you take the corner batten off the day any way the quoins you done look good

Tidy job by hand, a lot of guys leave the hit looking like bunches of grapes. See its a timber frame house with all the slim vents.

thanks,also the wet dash finish looks well spread and even are you sure its not dry dash with grey chippings because if you throw wet dash on wall with waterproofer in it wouldn't it slump and run and show the scratch coat through the finish only asking as it looks so clean and neat that said still a nice job

thanks,also the wet dash finish looks well spread and even are you sure its not dry dash with grey chippings because if you throw wet dash on wall with waterproofer in it wouldn't it slump and run and show the scratch coat through the finish only asking as it looks so clean and neat that said still a nice job

Definitely not. Thats why you put a coat of plaster on the scratch coat and throw the wet mix at it before the coat of plaster goes to hard. Just soft enough for it to take the wet mix.

I think he is sure its not a dry dash:RpS_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.