R. I. P. Van

Members online

Yeah, reliability is the key mate. Don't want something that is known to be off road more than on it, but then second hand vehicles can be pot luck

IMG_0835.JPG

Money no object
Transit m sport.

I'd have a vw if I was going down the crew cab/ camper route plus they hold there money a lot better than Ford, and that's coming from me that's a Ford whore.

To you boys with more knowledge than me, does this look like it would be worth checking out? It's spiked my interest anyways lol

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2005-renault-traffic-van-19-diesel/1241142417

I'd say with that mileage and a toebar on it u would be buying someone else's problems. If it was used for pulling I'd not buy it as the gearbox might be f**k*d. They are not a good van for pulling tbh. More of a motorway van if u get what am saying.

I'd love to mate, but until I have the balls to take on me own work, or that instead of working to someone, I don't want the monthly payments over me, especially as I prob need to change the car this year too, so will likely take hp on it. Our wages over here are maybe half of what yous lads work for. Lol
I'm replacing one of ours soon,
2009 transit, trend model with a 110ps engine.i bought it new direct from Ford.
You can have it for reasonable money,Send us a pm if your interested.

I'm replacing one of ours soon,
2009 transit, trend model with a 110ps engine.i bought it new direct from Ford.
You can have it for reasonable money,Send us a pm if your interested.
I'm over the water bud, ideally pick up one here if i can, save the travelling, but i appreciate the offer. Gentleman :birra:

Ah, I didn't realise you were across the water.
It's a decent van,but you get small money for them second hand.May well as get offered to someone on here before I stick it somewhere else and tyre kickers to turn up.

I offered to get one of my lads one of these back in the day but he turned it down :D

Attachments

• 1495567552541.jpg
    1495567552541.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 227
I save £35pm and go to the van sales every 10 years and buy a 3 year old van. I bought a 2½ year old transit connect for £3800 although there are older and cheaper cars available. You can bid online now but not sure what it would cost to get it transported to you if you won?

I save £35pm and go to the van sales every 10 years and buy a 3 year old van. I bought a 2½ year old transit connect for £3800 although there are older and cheaper cars available. You can bid online now but not sure what it would cost to get it transported to you if you won?

certainly a good idea to have saving scheme for vehicles... my wife does this and it seems to always be ok :D We have about 10 bank accounts all saving for something...lol

certainly a good idea to have saving scheme for vehicles... my wife does this and it seems to always be ok :D We have about 10 bank accounts all saving for something...lol
I heard once that for every £1 you borrow, you got to earn £3. Might not be accurate but is probably close enough.

I heard once that for every £1 you borrow, you got to earn £3. Might not be accurate but is probably close enough.

depends on the interest rates :D if you are smart enough you can use other peoples money to buy things and and let them finance them for it :D I I dont do interest rates (except my mortgage)

Alright lads, came across this tonight, quite tempting, would like educated opinions, also, I'd like to take the beacon off if I have go through with it.
Screenshot_20170602-223422.png

Alright lads, came across this tonight, quite tempting, would like educated opinions, also, I'd like to take the beacon off if I have go through with it. View attachment 18240

You have to go and look at it and feel how it looks and drives, only concerns would be new injectors sounds good but why? 127k isn't massive amounts and tow bar. Also beacon might leave you with a hole on the roof.

I still can't believe how well the vw transporters hold their value.... got to be worth spending the money and buying something that had a great resale value

I still can't believe how well the vw transporters hold their value.... got to be worth spending the money and buying something that had a great resale value
Nearly too well Danny, ones I budget I'd be looking to spend are at least 15yo lol

Nearly too well Danny, ones I budget I'd be looking to spend are at least 15yo lol
My mate sold a skip one I would not give 300 for and he got 1500 or near that anyway.. it was shite

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'd argue that while a VW may have a greater resale value than a Ford, you would have paid more for the VW (plus increased servicing costs costs) so it all works out at the same percent of depreciation at the point of resale.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'd argue that while a VW may have a greater resale value than a Ford, you would have paid more for the VW (plus increased servicing costs costs) so it all works out at the same percent of depreciation at the point of resale.

Probably a lot more involved paying for build quality
& the scene tax lol ,

I have owned 2 transporters & by no means been perfect !
Resale transporter you will have them hammering down your door
With a decent clean transporter I lost no money
On running one for 5+ years
I had changed some exterior parts so that's what it owed me ..

You get your money back on a vw when it's sold but you got to have deep pockets if anything goes wrong whilst it's yours.

Quite possibly...

but

My wifes parents own a 10 year old nissan car its worth £500, my mates own a 10 year old car of the same class but a "better" brand and its £8K still...

I always by my vehicles with the aim to sell them for as much as I can when that time comes... the last car I sold I drove for 5 years and sold it for more than I paid for it and my current car is appreciating nicely as well :D

I drove an E30 M3 for about 15 years, first as a daily driver then weekends only, i paid 10k for it and got 10k when i sold it, minus servicing etc didn't think that was too bad!