Rasping Machine For Beco Wallform Blocks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

regi-boy

We have a Sto render system to apply to Beco Wallform Blocks. The Beco blocks need rasped first before the render application. Sto sell a powered rasping machine called Inoplan for around £2000. Does anyone know where we can get one for less than this?

what sto render system are you putting on them? why cant you use there sto fibreplus to go over, sticks to anything that gear.

Waste of money. Do it by hand and dont be a pu55y. Get a dura rasp from demand tools in the states. Tungsten carbide face. Best rasp going.
We always rasp eps before render application. Especially icf its spec. Uv really eats the surface of icf I find.

Those machine rasps are a bugger to use. They drag u about coz of the friction. Trust me u will lash it after 5mins.

Dura rasp all the way pal.

It's Armat Classic and mesh. Boards need rasped to get all the crap off them. It's been up for a year. Sto are saying that it will take about a week by hand or a day or 2 with the machine. It's about 200m2. I don't have a week to spend rasping!

200 m who at the mighty STO told you it would take a week ? ? ?

Have you never rasped before? surely if you work on EWI you rasp all the time and you will know how long it takes to rasp 200m. We all hate rasping but with a lad in tow the best way is to just get it done the nasty way.

see these days so many dont even know what a rasp is - when I started rasping was a MUST. some wouldnt warranty it if it wasnt rasped. Industry these days is slipping

keep your money in your pocket mate get your tights over yer head and rasp it baby :RpS_thumbup:

eps on this job will be seriously affected by the uv and your adhesion will be down big percentage lash. also the key provided from the rasp aids the adhesion of the polymer base plus eliminates bumps / shrink edge / proud edge etc all things that could show up in the sun - if your bothered like

Beko blocks have those annoying carton like ridges on them. Can make the render look like a pair of curtains with the sun across it :(

200 m who at the mighty STO told you it would take a week ? ? ?

Have you never rasped before? surely if you work on EWI you rasp all the time and you will know how long it takes to rasp 200m. We all hate rasping but with a lad in tow the best way is to just get it done the nasty way.

see these days so many dont even know what a rasp is - when I started rasping was a MUST. some wouldnt warranty it if it wasnt rasped. Industry these days is slipping

keep your money in your pocket mate get your tights over yer head and rasp it baby :RpS_thumbup:

eps on this job will be seriously affected by the uv and your adhesion will be down big percentage lash. also the key provided from the rasp aids the adhesion of the polymer base plus eliminates bumps / shrink edge / proud edge etc all things that could show up in the sun - if your bothered like

good points there butt, I only rasp where needed. I think I might start doing the lot though. I hear what you say about the adhesion. So you rasp the lot then pin? Do you find you always get the odd board that pulls in spoiling your lovely flat panel?

good points there butt, I only rasp where needed. I think I might start doing the lot though. I hear what you say about the adhesion. So you rasp the lot then pin? Do you find you always get the odd board that pulls in spoiling your lovely flat panel?

I rasp after the pins just in case they really pull a board out of shape. A mare really and not good for the rasp teeth but most of my EWI is new and I try to avoid pinning as the systems I use are tested/warranted without (not on social housing or retrofit) but the housing stuff has really made it tricky for them even though the adhesive have been designed much higher spec than your wby's of the world etc and were origonally intended for just stick fix. parex will tell you that.

fave buildings are through wall sfs with cp board outer bonded eps / no pins/ render. all the pinning mainly comes from europe where the adhesives were slightly weaker and cheaper but needed a secondry fix.
if you try and pull eps of dryvits genesis there is no chance, that adhesive will just stick and you would have to claw at the eps ball by ball to get to it

We've done a lot of Sto but only on to carrier board and the hard. I totally agree with the rasping, it's essential. I've had a price from demand products for 2 rasps. I'm sure 13" & 14" ones. What are the best ones and how long will they last? I'm asking as they have said they can send a few for the same shipping costs. (which are not cheap!)

How long should it take a couple of guys on the Beco blocks with these?

We've done a lot of Sto but only on to carrier board and the hard. I totally agree with the rasping, it's essential. I've had a price from demand products for 2 rasps. I'm sure 13" & 14" ones. What are the best ones and how long will they last? I'm asking as they have said they can send a few for the same shipping costs. (which are not cheap!)

How long should it take a couple of guys on the Beco blocks with these?

I have a tungsten carbide rasp from demand. I expect it to last forever if you look after it as in - use it for rasping only and dont get any basecoat near it then no reason why not and its gauranteed with a part number and manufacturing date on mine

sticky removal pad versions dont last that long obviously

I have a tungsten carbide rasp from demand. I expect it to last forever if you look after it as in - use it for rasping only and dont get any basecoat near it then no reason why not and its gauranteed with a part number and manufacturing date on mine

sticky removal pad versions dont last that long obviously

What size is the rasp you have as they come in varying sizes. There's a few of us so don't want to have to pay additional shipping costs if it can be avoided. Would rather spend a few hundred than £2000!!!

What size is the rasp you have as they come in varying sizes. There's a few of us so don't want to have to pay additional shipping costs if it can be avoided. Would rather spend a few hundred than £2000!!!

i will go and look and give you the exact size but its roughly 14" ish

i will go and look and give you the exact size but its roughly 14" ish

Thanks for your help. Turns out Refina now sell the tungsten rasps. £85. Saves import and shipping costs. We should be starting this one in the next week or so. I'll let you know how we get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.